Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Which languages can you speak?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by Red Dawn
    That's strange! Some parts of Canada are french-speaking, aren't they? In Quebec, for example! We know it, because many french-speaking singers come from there! French girls love their accent even though it's very difficult to understand anything when they speak!
    It's almost customary nowadays for most students to take at least one French course, but for the most part almost all students who do forget everything they were taught within a few hours. I've been taking it for almost 6 years and I remember jack shit.

Thanks

I can speak Spanish, English, and a bit of French. Nothing else. Oh and since Italian and Spanish resemble much, I can understand but not speak or write Italian. I can read a bit of it too.

Sig above thanks to crusher

Thanks

Originally posted by Red Dawn
    Not bad at all! I'm gonna make the correction, if you want:

"Vous parle Anglais bien" you should say instead: "Vous parlez bien anglais" (without capital)
    Heh, I always mix up the sentence structure, and I usually get tenses wrong.

"Je ne suis pas la seul personne qui parle Fran�ais." Excellent!!! The only one mistake is the missing "e" on "seul".
    -> "Je ne suis pas la seule personne qui parle fran�ais."
    Aha! My original thought was right, but then I decided to not put the "e" on, not sure why though.

"Je pense que il y a beaucoup personnes que parle Fran�ais dans la board." There are more mistakes, but it's easy to understand what you mean:
    -> "Je pense qu'il y a beaucoup de personnes qui parlent fran�ais sur le forum"

I don't know exactly what is the French word for "board" ; as far as I know, we only use the words "forum" and "topic" (or "sujet" in French).
    I wasn't sure which word to use either, so I just put the English, knowing that you'd understand anyway.

Well that's very good! Have you ever been to France?
    Yep, I went to Disneyland Paris when I was about 10. And I went to see the sights in Paris last year for about 3 or 4 days.

Thanks

I speak English and Cantonese (chinese dialect that shinimegami cannot understand :p, but I have no idea of how to speak Mandarin ). I took Spanish 2 and Latin 2 last year, but I forgot all about them now...

Thanks

Originally posted by Ru
    Let us see...

Spanish, that's m'first language...
    English, that's m'second language...
    Bits of french and japanese, though not enough to communicate or even READ a decent book...

"Que pasa...?"

I learned that phrase from The Lion King...
    Same here, I still have to learn more french tought.

Thanks

English and Spanish are my 2 main languages. Since Im a Spaniard, I speak Spanish fluently(but my English vocab is more extensive, cuz I normally read stuff in English/watch movies/anime in english(or English subs)). I used to be able to speak English without any accent or stuttering at all up until recently, since I rarely talk in that language. I also know a decent amount of French, of which I have taken intense courses during the last 4 years(I gave up French this year tho). I can read/write/speak French with no major problems, but I can barely understand someone speaking in French. My pap used to know a lot of Basque(a Spanish dialect which doesnt sound at all like Spanish). I know a bit of that which I learned from him, but its really not much. I know enough German to offend someone =P, and a few things in Japanese that Ive picked up over the last year thanks to subbed anime.

Thanks

English and... Nihongo . Not much though :\

RiskBreaker Guest

English and Japanese. Enough to get around, read a book, hold conversations, etc. But I wouldn't say I'd be prepared for business Japanese.

Sincerely,
    Risk Breaker

Thanks

I know japanese and english... loosing my english as a result of too much use of Japanese~ hehe

I currently do fan translations of the naruto manga~

as well as translate business sites....

also my sites there to teach japanese... so if you have questions come on in~
    Last edited by nihonjintaylor; 30th-December-2003 at 06:40.
    "Learn a new language gain a new soul"
    -Wizdom from a fortune cookie.-
    "The only thing tragic about coming from a hard life, is not learning anything from it."
    -Taylor-