Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Never Punch Girls?

Thanks

Cyber, I don't think society or the authorities are so narrow-minded as to not allow a man to defend himself from said abuse, wether it be from a man or woman, but there ARE limits to how far you can go... And most of the time, you must set those limits yourself...

I agree with self-defense, male vs. male, female vs. female, gender vs. gender, you name it... But there's always a limit...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by Maison
    Well on a positive note there are lots of decent guys out there who won't drink themselves to death and then hit you for it. You just have to be looking for them.
    Yeah, and most of us are unfortunately overlooked by your average girl for the "bad boy". I don't to this day understand why girls willingly place themselves into situations in which they get treated like trash.

Thanks

Originally posted by Cyberxion
    Yeah, and most of us are unfortunately overlooked by your average girl for the "bad boy". I don't to this day understand why girls willingly place themselves into situations in which they get treated like trash.
    Here, here!

But you know the saying: Nice guys always come last...

I guess women prefer the dangerous part of things... It's a shame, really... I've seen it my fair amount of times, too...

Thanks

Originally posted by Cyberxion
    That's why I said "you have to be looking for them." I think there's two main reasons why girls hang out with guys like that though. Either because they believe they can change them into good guys (which isn't possible, people don't change), or because that's the only type of relationship they've ever known (i.e. their father and/or brother(s) is abusive).
    -Mason Gray: Less vowels, same great consonant taste.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by Ru
    Cyber, I don't think society or the authorities are so narrow-minded as to not allow a man to defend himself from said abuse, wether it be from a man or woman, but there ARE limits to how far you can go... And most of the time, you must set those limits yourself...

I agree with self-defense, male vs. male, female vs. female, gender vs. gender, you name it... But there's always a limit...
    Yeah, and I never proposed that one be allowed to cross that limit Ru, regardless of sex. I certainly never said that one should beat someone sensless, or kill someone. I've merely mantained that one should be able to defend himself from physical harm, even if that harm should come from a woman. If a woman is expected to be safe from harm from a man, should a man not be safe from harm from a woman?

At any rate, this thread is working off the unspoken rule that a man cannot hit a woman, no matter what she's done to him. I find that taboo to be rather insipid. Why is it alright for a woman to hit a man, but not alright for that man to retaliate?
    Anyway, I'll reiterate that I don't find violence to be proper, no matter who's perpetrating it or why.
    Ugh, at any rate, I'm done with this conversation.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by Maison
    That's why I said "you have to be looking for them." I think there's two main reasons why girls hang out with guys like that though. Either because they believe they can change them into good guys (which isn't possible, people don't change), or because that's the only type of relationship they've ever known (i.e. their father and/or brother(s) is abusive).
    The reason doesn't matter man. The fact remains that your average girl will overlook a nice guy for the bad-boy type. Even if they claim to be looking for that, they will almost inevitably push the good-guy aside for that wild-child.

Thanks

Yep, I appologize if I inadvertently said that (I don't quite remember having said it, I forget easily, I'm afraid...).

I still remain of the opinion that hitting a woman is wrong, but I also agree that taking a defensive stance is completely right, given the situation, and women should also be dealt with accordingly for their felonies...

In the end, I do believe as well that violence is not the answer... Unfortunately, most of the time, it's beyond our grasp...

Sorry for goin' all out on ya...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No, I apologise. Having come from an abusive background, I feel a bit strongly on the situation. Growing up, I was abused by a woman (my foster mom...), and I was never in the postion to defend myself. I guess I just think that anyone who resorts to violence should expect to have it reciprocated in kind. Not that I'm violent by nature. I just wish that people would grow beyond that "don't hit a girl, no matter what she does to you" perspective, because I know first hand that a woman can do you damage if she means to. Again, I'm sorry.

Thanks

I would hit a girl if they hit me first cuz it's like a man hitting a man it may hurt it may not.I'm a boy but that doesn't change anything.

Thanks

before i say anything, i do not hit women. i hit guys who hit women.

but it is abit hypocritical for womes lib activists to be using it as any type of arguement (unless of course they are talking about any type of physical abuse, which would also include hittin men. then the logic cant be accused of being hypocritical). if they started comin at me with a knife, i would prolly defend myself, but nothing more than whats needed. this issue isnt really about htiing women though, its more of the fact that men fighting other men is more acceptable in todays society when really, it shouldnt happen at all really.

Thanks

I agree with the part about hitting guys who hit women... If some macho jerk tried raising his hand at someone I care for, he'd get his comin'...

Jerks...

Hmm... Would such an act of violence be justified...?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, maybe. If that guy was just slamming women around to be macho, then he's deserve what he got, I guess. I know I'd kick the shit outta someone if I were in that situation. Is it right? Uh..I don't care at this point.

Thanks

Well, I said I was against violence as a whole, but given the situation, I guess we'd all get jiggy with it (... ... ...).

I'd probably forget all about it if I felt I had to help someone close by... I'm sure I'm not the only one...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No, you aren't the only one. I'd beat the shit outta anyone who threatened those I love. Having gone through what I have, I hold those close to me, very close to me, and if they were threatened, I'd step up.

Thanks
    EP Points

Violence isn't the answer so don't hit anyone. Unless like what Cyber said and you are being physicly attacked by someone then you can defend yourself until that person can't cause much more harm to you.