Thread: adding ISO burning support in windows+PSx emu

Sephiroth Guest

Default adding ISO burning support in windows+PSx emu

I rember there being some files on the net that added the ability to burn ISOs using windows Integrated Cd-burning utility, anyone know where I could find one of those files?

although EMUparadise has a very wide selection of roms, I cant find one that I want, anyone know where theres a wide selection of PS 1 game roms?

BTW. the only thing you have to do when running an emulator in windows, is burn the ISO that I downloaded to a cd and run the emulation program to run the game... right? Could I use the PS1 game cd instead of downloading the large rom file?

Thanks
    EP Points

I haven't heard of any tools, but you can use Daemon Tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/portal.php) to make a virtual drive and then use windows or something to copy that virutal drive.

If you have the orignal game why are you d/ling it? Of course the emulators play CDs. You can also make your own ISO using a program called Isobuster. www.isobuster.com

PSX games are called ISOs not Roms.

Sephiroth Guest

some of the game cd's are damaged, and can not be run, thats y I'm downloading the ISOs. Is there a minnium sys requirement for the PS 1 emulators, I want to run it on my laptop will it work?
    300mhz Pentium II
    2mb video ram (not D3d compatible, only direct draw)
    sound integrated 16bit
    24x CD-RW drive
    5400RPM 20GB 4mb cache Drive.
    I heard you need a fast video accelerator, but I was hoping the Pentium II would help with that, the PS1 used a 75mhz cpu did it? (did it use one or two cpus, I rember a LONG time ago that it used two, not sure, probaly 10% sure)

Thanks

I dont think a PSX emu will run but its worth a shot. And if a PSX has a 75 mhz processor it doesnt really make that much of a differince. A PS2 has like a 300 mhz processor and ive heard it couldnt be emulatoed by most modern machines.

Thanks
    EP Points

ur lappy's spec is fine sept from the GFX i mean lol no direct 3d lol.
    Well soz dude but no way, if ur going to try try using vgs or bleem.
    But really m8 that gfx card is the pain in ur lappy's emulation side
    That Dragon Tear is mines bitch!