Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII, ePSXe problem

Thanks

Default Final Fantasy VII, ePSXe problem

I have a friend that haves a problem with FFVII. Look at the picture. See? The menu`s gone. He uses ePSXe, with Pete's PSX GPUs Version 1.75. He got the PSX-version from Suprnova.

Specs:
    Intel pentium 3 800 mhz
    256 ram
    nvidia tnt 2

He tried OpenGL, D3D and other modes. What should he do?

Thanks

He should have no problems with his specs...
    There's an option under Special Game Fixes for Pete's GPU plug-ins for FFVII that solves these issues...

Also, set OD to 3 or 4... I use 3...

Thanks
    EP Points

Ey
    Yup0rz like Ru said about special options its on opengl as well as direct 3D, and also here's a tip if ur not sure if u can emulate a game because of ur spec run it in software mode and if it plays back fine and if emulation is fine, then u can start pissing about direct3D or opengl as long as its pete's.
    And like Ru said ur spec is fine but.... if u can try and get more ram as epsxe can be quite hungry on it just depends on what ur playing.

And BTW what size of Vram has ur TnT have?
    Oh and if a iso runs it means its working, unless the iso was made from a scratched cd then Epsxe will crash with Ye Olde upcode error which we all h8.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

Thanks, I`ll make him try that. Voted for both of you.

Thanks
    EP Points

Np
    That Dragon Tear is mines bitch!

Isk Guest

Yeah, I'm almost positive you need a high offscreen drawing setting for that menu.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yup yup red with black borders should be fine tho
    i think its the buffer overlay
    like Ru said its in the special options, but as software mode has less graphic quailty it makes up for all the emulation probs.
    And hey at least u can change rez and colour depth in it to

Thanks

On my AMD 1.0GHz, 128MB RAM, TNT2 32MB the vast majority of games run full speed... Frame Buffer emulation is a bit slow, but that's just an issue with my crappy GFX card... If that's your case,(or your friend's), just set FB textures to 'GFX Card Buffer' and that should work fine for most games...

Also, using a soft GFX plug-in works wonders if you're (he's) not a graphics whore...

Thanks
    EP Points

yup yup but like i said depends on the game i had a p3 600 392 ram gf 4 mx420 and when i got 512 ram the likes of CC "chrono Cross" ran smooth and not stuttering like a *****

Thanks

Well, RAM is important... His processor and memory should hold up nicely...If he got a better GFX card, though, he'd be fine...

Thanks

It worked!

Thanks!

KdT Guest

i am also recieving this problem where the battle options dont show up except its on ff8. I;m using petes opengl and in the special options there isnt a box for ff8. my specs are pent4 1.6ghz 256ram i think and Gforce 4 64mb. anyhelp would be wonderous. thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

Ey
    thats me just got in this morning
    Right ok first off use the pete's software plugin to make sure it aint the emulator thats doing it.
    If it runs fine on software plugin make use gfx buffer is read or move u could try both like but slows it down, but this normaly only effects things like the swirl when u enter a fight.

Pete's opengl should run ff8 fine as it did on mine.
    So just try software to make sure it aint the emu if it is the emu try a lower ver if ur using the newest one

KdT Guest

ok for the pete's software plugin, i tihnk it's the thing that comes with 3 video plugins? if so, im using the pete's opengl renderer one. if not can you tell me what it is called exactly so i can do a search on it or psot a link here?

and what is gfx buffer, the only closeest thing i can find is the gfx card vram, which is set at 0(autodetect)
    thanks

KdT Guest

ok i tried epsxe 1.52 or something like that, and it does the same problem, and it adds the problem that whenever i get in a battle scene, the fps goes up to 200+!