Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 74752535455565758596061 LastLast

Thread: Posting a Broken Link ? Read this first.

Thanks

In the MAME roms section, I have had no trouble with files, till tonight. I was in the B section, and Malwarebytes and Avast both blocked several roms from downloading. They were: Bosconian (all versions of it triggered blocking), Blaster, Banbam, Centipede revision 1 and 3 were also infected with spyware, rev two downloaded ok. As did the rest of the handful that did come through without incident. I haven't tried them to actually play yet, though I am sure they will be fine as I have never gotten a bad rom here, nor did the spyware programs get triggered till the above files. Great site, just joined tonight, have to make a donation when I find my paypal info!

Thanks
    EP Points

It's definitely a false positive because those files are directly from the MAME set. They are just rom files with no executables involved. Not sure why they tripped up the programs. We do not have any malware in any of our files. We're very careful about that kind of thing.

Thanks

Hello,
    i get a virus warning for Vagrant Story (G) for playstation 1. It is the first time i get such a warning on this site. I use avast too, just wanted to let you know.
    Thanks a lot for this great site from my side, too!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by KLanKadank View Post
    Hello,
    i get a virus warning for Vagrant Story (G) for playstation 1. It is the first time i get such a warning on this site. I use avast too, just wanted to let you know.
    Thanks a lot for this great site from my side, too!
    Is it from the downloaded file or on the download page? It could be a bad ad but I would like to block it, that's why I'm asking..

Thanks

It was from the downloaded file. When the dl was complete, i received a warning that it contained malware. I directly deleted the rarfile then.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just to understand better, you downloaded the Vagrant Story (G) ISO and then once the file was downloaded, Avast said that it was malware? Also, the file you downloaded was called Vagrant Story (G) [SLES-02756].7z ?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Goss View Post
    In the MAME roms section, I have had no trouble with files, till tonight. I was in the B section, and Malwarebytes and Avast both blocked several roms from downloading. They were: Bosconian (all versions of it triggered blocking), Blaster, Banbam, Centipede revision 1 and 3 were also infected with spyware, rev two downloaded ok. As did the rest of the handful that did come through without incident. I haven't tried them to actually play yet, though I am sure they will be fine as I have never gotten a bad rom here, nor did the spyware programs get triggered till the above files. Great site, just joined tonight, have to make a donation when I find my paypal info!
    I have looked further into this and can assure you that the files are clean. The malware flag came up on one of our servers due to a false positive on another file. Google should clear the flag in a few hours so the warnings will go away

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MasJ View Post
    Just to understand better, you downloaded the Vagrant Story (G) ISO and then once the file was downloaded, Avast said that it was malware? Also, the file you downloaded was called Vagrant Story (G) [SLES-02756].7z ?
    This is exactly what happened. What was irritating me was the size of the file too, it seemed very small for an psx .iso (.7z was about 50mb), but maybe that's normal in this case.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by KLanKadank View Post
    This is exactly what happened. What was irritating me was the size of the file too, it seemed very small for an psx .iso (.7z was about 50mb), but maybe that's normal in this case.
    That's the normal size for a compressed Vagrant Story image file.

Thanks

Wasn't sure about the size, now comparing it with other releases you seem to be absolutely right. For the malware detection i think it was avasts fault.

Thank you for the fast replys and this fantastic site

Thanks

TRUE CRIME STREETS OF LA, and LORD OF RINGS RETURN OF THE RINK, for Dolohine GameCube emulator on Windows
    BOTH GAMES ARE DAMAGED, i tried to extract both games with /-Zip as the page suggests, but when i do, it says un expected en of data, cant extract, there is no data inside folders, maybe virus, i dont know yet, hope not! please fix this! i downloaded the emulator just for those games , and both are damaged
    i downloaded the games twice, but still the same problem

Thanks

Default Attempted Downloads of ROTD.

Been a long time lurker of Emuparadise and have been trying to get my hands on Rage Of The Dragons (MAME & Neo Geo) for Fightcade since it is apparently compatible. However, I have tried downloading it on 3 separate occasions, trying again just now, and the same problems are occurring after downloading: missing files that render said ROM unplayable.

I have downloading it, as well as other ROMs through Google Chrome with little failure, but this one seems to be an exception. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

https://aboutmybrowser.com/Rzq8q0rt

Thanks

OverBlood 2 Japan Disk 2 (Playstation 1)
    File downloads but the file is corrupted.
    Used Chrome to download, winrar to open I cant extract anything.
    Disk 1 works

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Brodus_Dudeman View Post
    Been a long time lurker of Emuparadise and have been trying to get my hands on Rage Of The Dragons (MAME & Neo Geo) for Fightcade since it is apparently compatible. However, I have tried downloading it on 3 separate occasions, trying again just now, and the same problems are occurring after downloading: missing files that render said ROM unplayable.

I have downloading it, as well as other ROMs through Google Chrome with little failure, but this one seems to be an exception. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

https://aboutmybrowser.com/Rzq8q0rt
    What emulator are you using? You normally need to get the parent rom for it to work with MAME. Also, please try using MAME 0.164 as that version corresponds to what we have on the site.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by theunderdog View Post
    OverBlood 2 Japan Disk 2 (Playstation 1)
    File downloads but the file is corrupted.
    Used Chrome to download, winrar to open I cant extract anything.
    Disk 1 works
    Thanks for the report. The file was indeed broken, I've replaced it with a working version.