Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast

Thread: Posting a Broken Link ? Read this first.

JBAM Guest

Default Atari 5200 Goodset

Hello. I want to offer a compliment as well as information about a 'broken' link.

First, thank you very much for posting the Rom goodsets. They are wonderful and greatly appreciated!! I attempt to show my appreciation through regular voting and hope that this helps.

Now, for the bad news. I encountered a 'broken' link when attempting to download the Atari 5200 goodset located in the roms section under goodests. I have tried numerous times to access the file including at 9:30 p.m. on Saturday May 1st and 10:35 p.m. on Friday April 30th. I have used IE, Netscape and Mozilla during my attempts. The reason I put 'broken' in quotes is that it actually does nopt appear to be broken, just pointing to the wrong location. Specifically, when one clicks on the Atari 5200 goodset, it seems to go for the Atari 2600 goodset instead. All of the other Atari goodsets appear to be pointing to the correct location. If this problem could be fixed, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your help!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow, thanks for reporting this, will be fixed in a jiffy

Thanks

Xenogears cd 2 is not working...
    tried with cuteFTP for about 3 days at different times...
    but no good...
    would you please be so kind to take a look at it...
    thanks...
    ...You Guys Are The BEST...
    Forgive and Forget

Thanks
    EP Points

Fixed the Xenogears Cried links, also fixed the link for Disk 2 Track 05 on Xenogears, the Zelda 2 soundtrack links (Track 150,151) aren't fixed yet.
    Fixed the Xenogears CD 2 link as well.

Thanks

Hey "Thanks a Lot"
    Really...
    I mean it...
    Forgive and Forget

Thanks

Hey sorry to bother but...
    Crono Cross is down
    Gets 404 error...
    Can you take a look at it...
    Please...
    Forgive and Forget

Minerva Guest

Hello. I attempted to download Final Fantasy II and Final Fantasy III
    for the SNES from the following page:

http://www.emuparadise.org/roms/snes/f/index2.html

Clicking on either link (File 01) produces the following errors:

|550 /SNES/Final Fantasy 2 (V 1.1) (U).zip: No such file or directory.|
    |550 /SNES/Final Fantasy 3 (V 1.1) (U) [!].zip: No such file or directory.|

I attempted this on the day I registered and at the time of this post. I am using Mozilla Firefox. If any further information is necessary, please tell me and I will edit this response to include it.

I downloaded Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past from this site and they both work flawlessly. Thank you very much for providing this service to users on a payment-free basis.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for reporting those errors Minerva, you'll be happy to know that they've been fixed now. So you should be able to download those two files easily. If you have any other problems, do put in a post over here and I'll fix it up asap

Benphar Guest

Hi, i tried downloading the audio file of earthworm jim (sega cd) yesterday using the download manager getright, it downloaded a 5kb file named rename.me
    i tried again with internet explorer and it seemed to work fine. can you make your files compatable with getright? since IE doesent have Download Resuming.

Thanks

Originally posted by Benphar
    Hi, i tried downloading the audio file of earthworm jim (sega cd) yesterday using the download manager getright, it downloaded a 5kb file named rename.me
    i tried again with internet explorer and it seemed to work fine. can you make your files compatable with getright? since IE doesent have Download Resuming.
    try using Mozilla , it's a very good internet browser + it has it's own download manager
    meh

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, and I think getright didn't capture the link right. Our downloads are compatible with download managers. They just won't support segmented downloading but they're resumable alright..

buddah Guest

Hey I figure the servers just busy or something but I thought I might mention it. I have been trying to dl some of the goodsets. (By the way Thank You very much for! ) I noticed that a few of them were not working. I tried using dap and then I tried to use just internet explorer. Now I have getright since dap isn't worth using anyway. (It always would cut my dls and start them over, so much for being resumable.) I checked them all and found quiet a few...

Atari 2600, Atari7800, Atari Jag, Vectrex, Mattel Intellivision, Memotech, Msx1 and 2, the oric sets, tandy, tompson, and nes.

The first 4 are the only ones that I am worried about. I've been tring since some time last night and they still are down today at around 1:00pm central.

As I said if its just the server being busy then I'm sorry for the post, better safe then sorry. While I'm here I would also like to tell you that Emuparadise is the absolute BEST site of it's kind and the only one I ever go to anymore. I try my best to vote daily since I'm here almost everyday now anyway. I, like many others, really appreciate the work you guys do on this page. Many props and best wishes for all the staff!

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks for the nice compliments buddah.
    I can't make sure that the server was busy at that time since I wasn't around and we don't log the busy messages. I can tell you that I doubt that it was busy though. The server isn't generally busy (ever).
    What I suggest you might be doing was, that you were trying to get the downloads together or maybe you tried two links too fast in succession. See, the server only allows one simultaneous login and if you click on one link and then you click on another pretty soon after that then the server hasn't really logged off your previous session yet so it'll show up as Busy.
    What you should do is try clicking on a link, then wait for around 1 minute or so and then click on another link to capture it/download it.

That's all there really is to it. Take it slow on the clicking the links and you shouldn't ever encounter a busy message. The server timeout is 20 seconds, so even if you re-try in under 1 minute in most cases it'll work fine.

All the links you mentioned above are working fine. Just incase, you know

Thanks

Chrono Trigger SNES download does not work, it leads to an unfinished copy of the zip that is 93 kb Plz fix this error

IfritRoms.com - Click the banner above!

<a href="http://www.cerberos.web1000.com/games_psx.htm">My PSX List (I dont trade anymore, sorry) </A>

buddah Guest

Well as I said I tried them the night before and the wanderswan was the first I tried anyway. Then I went ahead and checked the rest. It just seems like those few links for some reason catch a little different. IE does seem to work fine with them as long as I turn off my dl programs. Using the temporary disable (holding alt) doesn't seem to work to well. I'll try gozilla or flash for the wonderswan set since it's the only one I need resumed. Thanks for replying and of course again for having them in the first place.

I wish my atari still worked but now it doesn't matter!