Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would it take to get you out of the emulation scene?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default What would it take to get you out of the emulation scene?

We have a thread that asks the question "How did you get into the emulation scene?". After reading many interesting posts, I thought it may be just as interesting to see just what it would take to get you all out of the scene.
    What extreme measures would the industry have to take to get you off emulation, or would you keep on emulating till they have to pry the controller out of your cold, dead hands? Let's hear what it'd take to get you to stop emulating.

I myself don't really think it'd take much to stop me from continuing on with emulation. As it is, I hardly play anything on emulators these days anyway. I do my gaming on consoles. That said, I'll probably continue to download old roms as long as I can, even if I don't ever intend to use them. I guess just having them around is good enough for me.....

Thanks

If they re-released every single retro system ever, along with all the games, localized to each region, for a fair price.

Thanks

Absolutely nothing could get me out of it. Although to be honest, I don't play as many ROMS as I download. I've been playing through a few GBA ROMS lately, and I've played through 4 SNES ROMS, 2 of which I never played through before. Like Cyber said, I guess just having them around is good enough for me. Hell, I'll never have to be bored again with all these games.
    You got whacked cuz your weak. Magus, Chrono Trigger
    "is da anus also known as her bellybutton?!1" - The Stupidest Teenager on Earth

Thanks

A group of talibans would have to infilitrate my house and destroy my computer to get me out of the scene.

Thanks

If I got sued by the large game companies, but I dont see that in my imminent future.

Thanks

Nothing could get me out of the Emu scene.. Heck people are getting sued from Kazza and bittorrent and I still download stuff.. If I got sued i'd still download.
    I completed the internetz

Thanks

Nothing.
    I was never really into the scene in the first place.

"Violence is always the answer. If you somehow believe violence is not the answer, you are asking the wrong questions. If violence is not solving your problems then you're not using enough of it."

Visit my Deviant Art Gallery here:http://sspirate.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks

The only thing that would get me out of emulation would be getting into legal problems.

Thanks

I'm already out, now that I'm bored of emulation and interested in other things... Like programming

Of course, theres more to EP than emulation. Does being here count as being on the scene ?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm with Wulf, pretty much. I only use ROMs to test games before I buy them if I haven't played them before. The only thing that it would take to get me completely out would be if I suddenly became bankrupt or when I get all of the games for the NES that I want to get. Which only includes:

Castlevania
    Adventure Island
    Adventure Island II
    Adventure Island III
    Pac-Man
    Ninja Kid

Thanks

Well if my computer stoped working that would prolly do me in. I only play the classic games anyway so it wouldn't be that hard of a hit to me i would just have to go to a classic gaming place and actually spend money...but wait i dont have any money or dear lord please dont take this away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

outtadaloop Guest

Well I'm already out of it The reason would probably be real life? I was on a trading frenzy over summer vacation two years ago as I just discovered the wonderful world of download addiction (i.e. arbitrage => get something for not paying anything ).

But then I got back in school ~ had a lot of work with upper-level classes and a job. Then my freakin Big Brother school caught me uploading roms to other ppl so they cut me off the network. That was the ultimate death knell to emulation for me.

Now if there's more new movement in emulation in the future (e.g. a PS2 or XBox emulator), I'll jump right back in

Thanks

If they paid me enough so that I can buy every gaming system and every game that comes out for them for the rest of time

Thanks

Hm. Seeing as I don't really download ROMs anymore, it would probably take a lawsuit to end emulation for me. But I don't see that happening to me, so I will continue to emulate.

Xzyx987X Guest

If anyone ever created a legitimate place where you could download every game that'd ever been made for a resonable price per game I think it would only be fair to switch to that.