Thread: slow speeds on ep download

Thanks

Question slow speeds on ep segacd download?

i've noticed that some sections on ep download very slowly. while i can usually get 100-150 kB/s for N64 roms, things like sega CD isos putter along at 1-2 kB/s, and this is using a T1 line!!! does anyone know why some downloads are fast and others are slooowww? are their different servers or somthing? also if anyone knows a faster site with the same great selection and a same guarentee that things will work, pass it along.

ps: can sega cd games(to save dl time) be played without the music and if so, are they any good w/o it?
    Last edited by madcrow; 1st-December-2003 at 14:21.

Thanks

Any problems with the site should be taken to the complaints, suggestions part of the forum. Im sure we do have different servers hosting the various things we have online. But since your also requesting ill leave your thread here. Sorry if i knew a good rom site id throw it your way but shoot i really dont mess around with roms any longer and havent searched for sites in years.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've gone ahead and moved it anyway, as he's not really requesting anything. If he wants some sites, he's free to start another thread.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Re: slow speeds on ep segacd download?

Originally posted by madcrow
    i've noticed that some sections on ep download very slowly. while i can usually get 100-150 kB/s for N64 roms, things like sega CD isos putter along at 1-2 kB/s, and this is using a T1 line!!! does anyone know why some downloads are fast and others are slooowww? are their different servers or somthing? also if anyone knows a faster site with the same great selection and a same guarentee that things will work, pass it along.

ps: can sega cd games(to save dl time) be played without the music and if so, are they any good w/o it?
    I believe there are a couple of different servers, but I'm not sure. Other than that, the major difference is the ammount of people downloading at once. The servers can only stand a certain amount of bandwidth and tries to divide it equally between all the downloaders. That means that no matter what your connection, it will only go as fast as the slowest speed... which is the server.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, we do host them on different servers, as for the speed difference, I have been getting other complaints about the SegaCD Iso's, I might be moving them to another server very soon.
    Also, the sega cd iso's can be played without the music and yeah, they are pretty good that way too =D

Thanks

Originally posted by Cyberxion
    I've gone ahead and moved it anyway, as he's not really requesting anything. If he wants some sites, he's free to start another thread.
    Thanks man for saving me the trouble of moving it. I was a lil iffy about moving it but getting that second opinnion works for me.

Thanks

that's funny, iw ould think that n64 roms would be way more popular (and hence slower) than sega cd isos. oh well.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by Nightfall Z
    Thanks man for saving me the trouble of moving it. I was a lil iffy about moving it but getting that second opinnion works for me.
    No problemo man! Always glad to help.

Thanks

Excuse me but I am on a t1 and my n64 roms are going at 5 kb/s. Please help

<a href="http://www.dohgames.com">Doh Games</a>- All the games, without the confusion.<br>
    <ul><li>Tons of Roms</li>
    <li>NO BS, NO advertisements, NO forced votes!</li>

Thanks
    EP Points

You are only as fast as the slowest link - in this case the server is only uploading to you at 5kbs.. nothing you can do about it.

A tip though, look in the Trading Post section of this site for other N64 rom sites.