Thread: Why is it so hard to find ISO's for the PSX?

DarkLotus Guest

Question Why is it so hard to find ISO's for the PSX?

I can't find them anywhere. Every site i look at either doesn't have PSX games or only has like 10. What's the problem, why are they so hard to find?
    And if anyone knows a good place to get some ISO's for the PSX, please tell. Thanks for any help i get.

Thanks
    EP Points

Usually because they're too big to upload any where, they can be upto 700MB in size

Thanks
    EP Points

They are not hard to find - you are just looking in the wrong places.

IE looking on emuparadise.org, you should find a few downloads (yep the homepage of this very site!)

For the majority though you should really learn how to use Bit Torrent and Emule (and from then on FTP - for trades etc)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You will also want to take a look at IRC, if you can find a good room. And the reason that they aren't around a lot is because before Bittorrent there wasn't a very good way to share them, thus they aren't on any HTTP servers, or very few of them. Others are rips, and most people don't like playing rips.

If you take a look on Bittorrent, eDonkey/Mule, or if you can find an FTP for trading, as DelBoy said, then you're doing fine. If you need games to trade, you can always rip them yourself.

Thanks

If you're just looking for a quick leech without having to earn it I recommend Direct Connect, which can be downloaded from http://www.neo-modus.com .

Thanks
    EP Points

Most ISOs are very large and take a whole lot of bandwith. They take more bandwith then most people can afford. That is why very few places have them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That as well. And you won't find a lot of good FTPs because most ISPs don't like their users using a lot of bandwidth and will charge them extra for it. I remember my host yelling at me when I had my host open to a bunch of people because I had used up about 100GB of bandwidth in a month or so.

DarkLotus Guest

Originally posted by Vanit
    If you're just looking for a quick leech without having to earn it I recommend Direct Connect, which can be downloaded from http://www.neo-modus.com .
    I tried it and it's goog but i'm still having trouble finding the game i'm looking for. Is there another program like direct connect?

Thanks

Originally posted by DarkLotus
    I tried it and it's goog but i'm still having trouble finding the game i'm looking for. Is there another program like direct connect?
    Direct Connect, Emule and mIRC are good media to find psx isos. And which game are you looking? I will see what I can do to help.

They are hot, aren't they??