Thread: Generic Help Request!

Mister Lizard Guest

Generic Help Request!

Hi, does anyone have any general hints on getting N64 emu's to work at all?
    Or specific hints for that matter;

PIII 450, 128Mb, GeForce2 MX, and a nice big grey case.

I'd really love to be able to do this, any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mr Lizard

Thanks
    EP Points

Question

Hi,
    On your system configuration, please mention your OS.
    Also, you'll have to be a bit more specific as to what happens when you try to run an emulator

Mister Lizard Guest
    Hi! I run windows 98, and whenever i run a rom i get a fatal exception error due to something unkown at kernel: 'insert four thousand digit number' or something.

Thanks very much for replying!

Mr Lizard

Thanks
    EP Points
    Hmm... that shouldn't happen on Windows 98. If it would have been ME or 2000 it would have quite normal.
    Fatal Exception, does this happen when you run Nemu? Since it used to give a fatal exception to me as well also once upon a time.
    Also, check your DirectX version since Windows 98 ships witH DX 5.0 and that's not enough for even one N64 or PSX emu. Get DirectX 7 or 8 and it may run properly.
    Another thing you should check out is that your screen resolution is set to either 16bit,24bit or 32bit since the emus wont work at 256colors.
    Make sure you remove(close) any programs running in the background so that none of the system resources conflict.
    If none of this works, get Gameboost, from here, it's a PSX tool, but it will work with any game
    If none of this works, tell me what type of error you're getting with every single emulator you're trying out!

Abby Normal Guest
    Each emulator is different! Each Rom is different! One emu will play some roms other emu`s will play other roms.You need to tell MasJ what emu and rom you are playing together and what error you get when playing that particular PAIR.

Abby Normal Guest
    Hey Mr Lizard I just read about Project64 here on the news page and went there but that link is down,anyway go to http://pj64.emulation64.com/ ,getpj64, I just got it and I`ve been playing ZeldaMM on my slower Pll 400mghz win98 atiRage128 and it works!