Thread: Problems with N64 EMU's

Omega Guest

Post Problems with N64 EMU's

I've been trying several N64 emulators in conjunction with a ROM, Harvest Moon 64. I haven't been able to get any to work with my computer, a 366 Pentium with 128 MB RAM, a Voodoo 3 card, and (Though I doubt it's relevant), 30 GB hard drive. I've tried using Nemu (Crashes my computer), Ultra HLE (Doesn't even work), Daedalus (Doesn't show any sprites), and TR Win (Works almost fine, but has a tendency to static the screen, plus there's no sound). Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Im no expert on N64 Emulators..
    but you could use Corn. I hear a lot of good things about it (crashes on my comp every time it loads a rom with me though)

Nemu64 gives me the best results.. UltraHLE the only roms I got working are BattleTanx and SuperMario 64

maybe a tip to get started, don't try the biggest roms first. start small, like Mario 64, Asteroid Hyper 64, Bust-a-move 2 and zelda 1. Those roms worked even on my comp.
    (cyrix pr266@209 160mb SDRAM and a voodoo1 4mb + S3 Virge 4mb.) don't ask HOW they run .. but they run.

(Hardware Donations are always welcome )

[damn typos]

[ May 22, 2001: Message edited by: Sarcast ]
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Thanks
    EP Points

Question

I don't see why Nemu should crash, harvest moon 64 plays perfectly on Nemu64 on my system.(Celereon 366@697Mhz , 64MB Ram, 8MB Intel i740)
    I think it's more of a problem with your OS than your hardware. You have not mentioned your operating system. I know that Nemu does not work properly under Win2k so incase you're using that, well, you're outta luck

Omega Guest

I'm using Windows ME, so I guess I'm out of luck on Nemu. I'll try Corn and see how it works. Thanks.

Griever Guest

Thumbs up

hold on for the new version of trwin ive seen pictures of the latest games and they look pretty sweet. people with the 3dfx are in atight spot in terms of emulators as most are designed to work with tnt2(nemu) and geforce primarily with directx as backup.

Fredricos Guest

Nemu works perfect on my computer I am usin Windows ME!!

Omega Guest

OK, I have Nemu working now, though it's so slow it isn't even funny, nor possible to play. I've tried Corn and it works, if you like seeing the screen through little bars in the blackness that travel down the screen. I guess I'm stuck until they design one that will work with 3dfx cards.

Abby Normal Guest

I`ve been out of playing with emulators for awhile but one thing I know is you need a LOT of patience and the ability to learn! I started out with Ultrahle and was lucky enough to find several message boards and websites to help with problems! Windows ME seems to be less compatible with emulators than Win98 and forget it with WinNT. Corn,TRwin,TR64 and NEMU seem to be the best bets to try.Ultrahle will still work with several of the Roms Pre-Majora`s Mask with WIN98SE! Good luck

Omega Guest

Where can I find TR64?

Thanks
    EP Points
    Nemu WILL NOT work well on a Voodoo card unless you've got a P4 1.5Ghz since it can ONLY run on Voodoo's using Software.
    You can get TR64 at this site

Dr_Ackula Guest

My experience with N64 emu's has been quite good actually, but I suggest Project 64 as the best emu I know of. I also run Nemu as well, and have tried corn, daedalus, and UltraHL. And in my opinion PJ64 is the best. Ihave had no problems running any of the roms it supports so far. And I too use Win Me. {AMD 1.2Ghz, 384Mb RAM, Nvidia TNT2 32Mb}

Thanks

OMG Sarcast.. voodoo1? i thought I had it bad with a voodoo2 with 16mb ram on it!!