Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How did you get into the emulation scene?

ZiDDy Guest

Default How did you get into the emulation scene?

Me, I was innocently looking for gamesharks cheats for pokemon red. Then it says "Download This Game Here". At this time, Pokemon was extremely popular, and I ended up trading some floppies with em for cards. I didn't even know they were illegal. ISOs come in shortly after. . . show mercy! =x

-Zid

Edit: Eh, haven't been here for a while. O_o Is there even a Bored Guild anymore?

Thanks

I wanted to play DragonBall games ... Show mercy!

Thanks

I got into the scene when I was 7. It was a similar story to ZIDDy. But with pokemon blue. The story is that I was begging my dad for a gameboy and he kept saying no. The next day he had something to show me and it was a Pokemon Blue rom on the computer. I was so excited, I lived in that room until I finished the game. Lol getting into the scene is like knowing about the Matrix. You can't find it by yourself.

Kitten Guest

Well me im not into the emulation much. I just coinsedincly came across this site because of an ex friend of mine. Kinda weird but a good thing too because if it weren't for him would have never met maissy. I am glad I did though because he is the greatest. i loves him more than anything.

Thanks
    EP Points

I got in when my friends at church were talking about it. I kinda got out of it for a while because I had a slow computer, and couldn't get on the internet much. Since I got a cable modem I have gotten into it on a much larger scale.

Thanks

Uuuh I wanted to download Zelda 1 For NES and it took like 8 or 9 secs on my 14.4 k in 1996 or 7.... then the Emulator took about 3 mins and I couldn't figure out how to get it to work for a few months.
    I completed the internetz

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wanted NES games. I started downloading other games as well, then realized that I only liked NES games and now have the NESRen set of it. That's good enough for me.

That was... 2 years ago or so. Beginning of 8th grade. I'm in tenth right now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Much like my demented friend up there, I wanted to play NES games on my computer, and that's how I got into emulation. As for the specifics, I think I first downloaded an early version of Nesticle as well as...TMNT III.

Thanks

When I first got into PSX emulation at the start of grade 7, I was using VGS. Then later on I found out about ePSXe and since I'd been using VGS I had no idea what to do with the plugins. It took me a few months to figure it all out.

KingCane Guest

Me i was getting seperated in boot camp for a medical injury and i using the computer to access my email. As i was waiting i noticed some guy playing Mike Tysons Punch Out so i asked him and he told me about w*w.vimm.net. After that i used a little bit of Google and got a faster computer just to play the N64 and so on then i got into the arcade and playstation emulators.

Now i got about 10 Gb of Atari (all of them), Nintendo, Super NES, Genesis, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo64, Playstation, Sega CD and arcade games.

Emulators kind of got me into computers more and its been about 3 years. Oh and I got the 10 Gb while on a 56k now that im on broadband i dont download anymore. Well thats how i got into the emulation scene while waiting seperation from the Navy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by Cyberxion
    Much like my demented friend up there, I wanted to play NES games on my computer, and that's how I got into emulation. As for the specifics, I think I first downloaded an early version of Nesticle as well as...TMNT III.
    That was one of the games I first downloaded. I think my very first one was Final Fantasy, because I wanted to see what it was like, then I got Mega Man and Mario and Zelda, et cetera... the classics.

Thanks

I like Final Fantasy 3 on nes.

Thanks
    EP Points

Heh, I got in to the emulation scene through pokemon blue too . I used to long for a gameboy to play it as I was an avid fan of the trading card game. One day around 3-4 years ago, I was searching google for more info on pokemon when i came across a link saying "dl pokemon blue here". Me not knowing a thing about illegal and legal items and viruses and such, clicked the link and dled a zip file containing the ROM. Inside a readme file said i needed an emualtor. I searched google for a GBC emulator and found the No$Gameboy, boy that brings back memories. I was hooked on that game for weeks until I finished it. I then heard about Sonic Roms and found EP

Thanks

Cool, theres someone like me. Anyways I found EP when I started collecting N64 roms early last year. And when I had a big enough collection of files I applied as an uploader 2 months ago and here I am.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I found EP when I was looking for a good place to download ROMs that didn't slaughter you with popups. I found EP and another site called Vimm's Lair that someone else mentioned. Now, I buy cartridges and the occassional manual from Vimm's Lair and download whatever I need from EP. Which isn't anything, really...