Thread: PS2 Bios

Thanks

Default PS2 Bios

I've just been browsing through the PCSX2 forums and have discovered that even mentioning where to get the bios is taboo. So here I am in a different forum, where I'm not restricted, asking if anyone can post a link to the PS2 bios? Also whenever I try to sign up for an account on the PCSX2 forums I keep getting an error about my email being banned, even when I try different email addresses.

Thanks
    EP Points

They've probably banned you by IP, due to you not reading the rules... (if you had already asked). If you haven't actually asked, then send the admin an email explaining about the ban (probably just unlucky someone on your IP was banned before).

Some emulation forums ban rom requests and bios requests for a good reason.

Get it from here anyways (quick google search): http://omniserver.sytes.net:8080/omn.../storage/Bios/
    Last edited by Del_Boy; 17th-November-2003 at 16:49.

Thanks
    EP Points

If someplace banns your IP address, cant you get back on by logging off and back onto the net again (when you do your ip changes in most cases)

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks
    EP Points

All depends on whether you are on a dynamic IP or not. Some ISPs furnish you with a static one.

Also you will find sometimes whole domains can be banned on boards - ie I knew of a few that banned the whole of AOL once.

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Del_Boy
    All depends on whether you are on a dynamic IP or not. Some ISPs furnish you with a static one.

Also you will find sometimes whole domains can be banned on boards - ie I knew of a few that banned the whole of AOL once.
    I know, I always thought that was a little extreme....

Thanks

Thanks for all the help. But I wonder why webmasters prefer not to host or even speak of the bios? It's not like you can get much more illegal than emulating PS2...
    Last edited by Neverin; 18th-November-2003 at 07:44.

Xzyx987X Guest

Actually, technically speaking there is nothing illegal about emulators themselves since they do not violate any sort of copyright laws. This actually held up in court when sony tried to sue bleem, but bleem still had to give up since sony appealed the case so much that fighting them ran bleem out of money. Software on the other hand, is copywrited, and the bios is no exception. Because of this, emulator authors would basically open themselves up to a legal ass-raping if they were in any way involved in distibuting the stuff (belive me, most video game companies will use any excuse to shut down an emulator they can find)

Thanks

If I owned rights to a major console I'd atleast be happy that people would go through all that coding to play it. That proves if marketing consoles was executed correctly much more money could be made.

Xzyx987X Guest

I think the whole this is pretty stuipid myself. I mean they actually lose money on that sale of consoles and then make it up in game sales, so you'd think they would encourage emulation in some way... Maybe not on cartridge systems since emulators for those probobly do create piracy, but what about psx emulation? Bleem didn't even allow people to play isos or backups any more than an actual psx would have, and yet they still had a problem with it.

Thanks
    EP Points

http://www.emuparadise.org/biosfiles/bios.html

I think you should've looked there first..

Thanks

I did, the zip file was corrupt. I think you should've checked that first.

neogeomad Guest

Originally posted by Xzyx987X
    I think the whole this is pretty stuipid myself. I mean they actually lose money on that sale of consoles and then make it up in game sales, so you'd think they would encourage emulation in some way... Maybe not on cartridge systems since emulators for those probobly do create piracy, but what about psx emulation? Bleem didn't even allow people to play isos or backups any more than an actual psx would have, and yet they still had a problem with it.
    Yeah that sucked bad. How on earth could that be fair - it's not illegal but bleem couldn't find enough dough to PROVE that it wasn't illegal. Talk about reversal of presumption of innocence! Damn Sony :angry: