Thread: Need help building new pc

cap213 Guest

Default Need help building new pc

'Sup everyone, i want to build a new system but don't know what to get for nowadays cpus. As far as motherboards and which slots and so forth. Any help would be appreciated. I want to use the new intel processor i am kinda particular to intel. Oh, yeah my budget is $2,500

USA, the best damm place in the world, always and forever
    Thanks

I'm tired of everyone asking what parts to get. Just give me the 2500$ and I'll spend 2300$ on parts/shipping and I'll build you the best system you can get and I'll only keep 200$. And I'll include installation of any OS you want, Including a dual boot system if you want linux and windows.

It'de be something along the lines of a P4 3Ghz, 2 SATA 80 GB drives in a raid 0 config, 512 or 1 GB 400Mhz ram, 19 inch LCD or CRT, GeForce 5900, and possibly a liquid cooled system. Including a fancy case window and lights and temp monitors and alarms.

www.PacificMods.com

Selling modchip installation services, premodified consoles, and other cool stuff. Low costs and high quality products and services.

Thanks

Gigabyte GA-8KNXP Ultra, Intel 875P chipset for Socket 478 P4 ATX motherboard

If your going to spend 2,500$; and going intel that's the motherboard you want. 2,500$ will give you alot of stuff dvd-rw, max cpu speed, max ram, best video card, audigy2 soundcard. The shop I worked for only charged around 1500 for a new custom system with everything on it, so add another 1000 thats going to be real kick ass.

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2

Thanks

If your spending that kinda cash why are you wasting it on a P4 when you could get a 64FX?

USA, the best damm place in the world, always and forever
    Thanks

I agree, the AMD 64FX kicks the best P4's square in the nuts

www.PacificMods.com

Selling modchip installation services, premodified consoles, and other cool stuff. Low costs and high quality products and services.

cap213 Guest

thanks for the info.

Thanks
    EP Points

I would damn hope you could get a great pc for that much!!
    I would say a nice Nforce motherboard with at lease 512 megs of ram and at least 80 gig HDD and try to get an Nvidia g-force Fx 5900 ultra, maybe even 5950 ultra ^,^.

(\__/)_/)
    (O.o ).^)
    (> < ) <)

Now we know how viral bunny signatures really spread.

Thanks

There are PC's that are top of the line in the market.. My friend is buyin a 3GHz or 4GHz (cant remeber) best components to go with it for like $500or $600 dollars... I think its called Alien or something along that line....

Ace Guest

Originally posted by SJawz3288
    There are PC's that are top of the line in the market.. My friend is buyin a 3GHz or 4GHz (cant remeber) best components to go with it for like $500or $600 dollars... I think its called Alien or something along that line....
    Alienware, And I'm sure that it's a 3.06Ghz...