Thread: is it possible to burn gc games on a cd burner or do i need a dvd burner

Thanks

Default is it possible to burn gc games on a cd burner or do i need a dvd burner

well ive heard that you can play burnt gc games on your gc, and i have 2 gc isos already, but i dont have a dvd burner, just a cd burner, but i heard you burn them on mini dvd's, and star cube said thier releases need no mod chip, so i was wondering if i could burn mini dvd's on a cd burner, and would fantom cd burn a .iso gc file???? if anyone has any info on burning gc isos to cd's, can anyone let me know, for some reason this strikes my curiosity, cause i didnt even know this could be done

Xzyx987X Guest

Nope, it can't be done. Your going to need a dvd burner to play gc backups on an actual gc. Might want to wait a while to buy one though, I hear dual layer dvd burners are coming out next year.

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Xzyx987X
    Nope, it can't be done. Your going to need a dvd burner to play gc backups on an actual gc. Might want to wait a while to buy one though, I hear dual layer dvd burners are coming out next year.
    Even if you have a DVD burner i did not think it was possible. I thought it used a specal type of media that you cant just buy in a store(There not Mini DVD's.. they hold much more data then a regular Mini DVD.) or so i thought.

Thanks

well my grandmom has a new computer thats 3 ghtz and a brand new dvd burner on it, so i guess ill have to buy some mini dvd's and burn it on her comp, and see if it works, and if not well oh well, but if it does, then wow, but the fact that they said that i wont need a modded gc baffles me...... i mean wouldnt you at least ned that freeloader boot disk they sell. well anyway im goin over my grandparents soon, cause they need help working the dvd burner, so it will be a perfect opportunity to put it too the test wehn i do ill let you all know k

Thanks

Nope thats not how you play GC isos it's another cleverer method. Search the forum for GC isos and someone has a link to the site ( I think it's in requests). You need to have a GC online game and a network setup.

Thanks

Unfortunately Gamecube discs are not in CDR or DVD format. I've already tried reading them and my DVD reader will not detect the disc (similar to trying to read a DVD disc with a CDR Drive). The games are on a new media exclusive to Nintendo. The only way to read them would be to get a Gamecube and convert its drive to a pc-compatible one and then write your own driver for it. But its not worth the effort.

trelimb Guest

Originally posted by Vanit
    Unfortunately Gamecube discs are not in CDR or DVD format. I've already tried reading them and my DVD reader will not detect the disc (similar to trying to read a DVD disc with a CDR Drive). The games are on a new media exclusive to Nintendo. The only way to read them would be to get a Gamecube and convert its drive to a pc-compatible one and then write your own driver for it. But its not worth the effort.
    This may be true but I bet someone will do it sooner or later if just simply for the challenge.

SUG Guest

why waste discs when you can stream it from your computer. if you need more info, go to http://www.maxconsole.com/?mode=comments&newsid=1033

Thanks

i dont have phantasy start online, my gc is 3 floors form my comp (i have a big house lol) anyway i have 2 gc isos in a .iso format, and starcube(the people who burnt the images) said i just have to burn it on a mini dvd for it too work, but i guess not. if its too much of a haslle to burn thgem, then ill just continue to buy my gc games and stick with my flash cart for gba lol. its just some games i dont weanna fork out 50 bucks for but i enjoy them, but id rather spend my money towards main games like mario party. well ill look into it, and anyway im going ove rmy grandmothers on thanksgiving, so i got tons of stuff to try on her new comp lol

edit: im not burning my gc games, i want to burn the .iso images that i downloaded and i want to put the image on a blank dvd, just so everyone knows lol.

sheesh you can get anything off of that bit torrent, and getting speeds at over 100kbs per second is just unbeatable

double edit: 1 of the isos is in a .gcm, and the other is in .iso, so if anyone has any info on how to put this on a mini dvd then let me know k
    Last edited by bolton02; 10th-November-2003 at 23:23.

Thanks
    EP Points

You can't...

Thanks
    EP Points

The people who said that all you had to do is burn it to a mini dvd.. lied.. or have no clue.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hehehe. That reminds me of this guy on some other forum. He only read the method up to the point where you had to have the BBA with PSO, so he bought those, burned a game to a mini-dvd, then *****ed and moaned when it didn't work. HAHAHAHAH!

Thanks
    EP Points

Now that is pretty funny.

PS2_Master0 Guest

Originally posted by SUG
    why waste discs when you can stream it from your computer. if you need more info, go to http://www.maxconsole.com/?mode=comments&newsid=1033
    I just find that hilarious, somehow.

Nintendo puts tons of security into their system, (new mini disks, and all that stuff they did), and then SEGA comes in, makes PSO for the GC, and wrecks all that security lol

Originally posted by Xzyx987X
    Wait a minute, are you saying that i am going to have to buy a new DVD burner when dual-layer comes out? That will make me sad.... I thought it was the disks that couldn't do dual-layer burning, not the burner also... plz get back to me asap
    Last edited by PS2_Master0; 25th-December-2003 at 02:25.