Thread: how to play

Shadowrider Guest

Post how to play

Hi, i've downloaded the XOR for marvel super heroes vs capcom from cps2 shock, then i got the rom but then it's not supported by kawaks 141, then i've downloaded the newest finalburn 0.23, but i'm not sure how to use that since it has no list ,etc..can anybody out there help me??? hehe..i'll appreciate that a lot if somebody can even give me a little walkthrough..thanks

Shadowrider Guest

Hi, actually i 've found one called UOMAME32K which has the list and the rom actually works, but the problem is it says some roms are missing or corrupted(which are listed btw), but i've checked and those roms do EXIST actually and i don't think they're broken...well not sure why but because usually this company doesn't give out broken roms. does this have anything to do with the XOR thing?

Thanks
    EP Points

The latest Kawaks does support this game btw, the reason you can't play it is because you haven't merged the XOR with the actual rom.

Double click the xor zip file, extract the files and then drag them onto the zip file for Marvel Vs Capcom. They should be added into the file then (after you go through a couple of menus).

Now go play the game. Without this step the game will never work on any emulator.

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: Del_Boy ]

Shadowrider Guest

actually, i've merged the XOR files together with the actual rom, but kawaks require a different files of rom than the one i've downloaded. well, i think mine only works for that program called uomame32k because the files extension are the same but it just says "it's missing". with kawaks, they require totally different extension. do u know where can i get the rom for kawaks?thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

How big is the rom file you have?

It should be around 30 megs altogether. The same roms work in both Kawaks, CPS2 Mame and Nebula. I like Nebula best.

Shadowrider Guest

well mine is 21.7 mb i believe. but with the mame, it tells you all the files you're missing, and i've checked those files with rom zip and they're all there...but just somehow the compiler ignores those...dunno why...First off, i have the latest version of kawaks, but i don't know how to use it since the required files extensions are so different than the ones i have, also can you give me the site of nebula?
    thx

Shadowrider Guest

sorry, that was actually in zip, but when you opened it , it's like 53.2 mb

Thanks
    EP Points

Get Nebula from here:
    http://cps2shock.retrogames.com

Oh and btw you realise you don't actually have to unzip the rom at all. Just extract the XOR file and add it into the existing zip.

Point the emulator to the correct path and if it still doesn't work you must have a bad rom....

The exact rom file size zipped including XORs should be 22.5megs.