Thread: Overclocking PCs - Useless? I think not Riff Raff....

USA, the best damm place in the world, always and forever
    Thanks

Default Overclocking PCs - Useless? I think not Riff Raff....

If overclocking is useless, then why am I OC'ing my 2.4 Ghz P4 to 2.88 Ghz....? and I definatly see the improvments in speed of video encoding.....

I think the mods here are getting a little to power happy and thinking there all-knowing super beings.... its not right to use your "power" (lol) to misinform people, just let people post and argue and let the thread starter make their own decision, its not that hard....

That thread you closed wasnt breaking any of the rules here, so open it back up.

www.PacificMods.com

Selling modchip installation services, premodified consoles, and other cool stuff. Low costs and high quality products and services.

Thanks

It's true that it didn't need to be closed, but I think you're going about this the wrong way. Maybe you could've PMed RiffRaff or another mod about the matter?

(This coming from NBS... NO FU</>CKING WAY :O.)

Ace Guest

Default Re: Overclocking PCs - Useless? I think not Riff Raff....

Originally posted by jerome187
    If overclocking is useless, then why am I OC'ing my 2.4 Ghz P4 to 2.88 Ghz....? and I definatly see the improvments in speed of video encoding.....

I think the mods here are getting a little to power happy and thinking there all-knowing super beings.... its not right to use your "power" (lol) to misinform people, just let people post and argue and let the thread starter make their own decision, its not that hard....

That thread you closed wasnt breaking any of the rules here, so open it back up.
    Power happy eh....?

Anyway, it was probally closed for safety reasons and this SHOULD have been done in PM with the mod in question, if you can't work it out with the mod in question contact one of the admins, and if that doesn't work then contact either Sarcast or MasJ.

So if you have a problem with me closing this thread PM me, or PM Lord Riff Raff about the other thread, but I really advice you not to start a new one if the previous one got closed.

Thanks
    EP Points

LoL, Geek wars on the forum, would've been SO MUCH fun .
    Anyways, yeah OC'ing does have some benefits no matter what speed you're at but I think what Riff Raff said was that you don't see particular gains in everyday applications.. so... POO!

Thanks

No I meant that the performance gains of going from
    300 to 400 is far more significant then taking 2.4 to 2.8.

And for the record one of my friends happens to hold the record for overclocking, however unlike the majority of people he knows what the risks are.
    I'm not going to be held accountable if you fry your cpu doing something stupid.

And I did close it for safety, because I do not want someone coming to the tech forum and deciding that their first piece of tweaking is OCing their cpu.