Thread: PS2 mod chip

Thanks

Default PS2 mod chip

I'm getting a ps2 modchip but I don't know which one.
    Does anyone know the diference between messiah and messiah clone??
    Is it better than magic?

sig and avatar by Nightingale.
    "Tengo un nudo en la garganta" (un ahorcado).
    "Levantare a los ca�dos y oprimir� a los grandes" (el sost�n).
    "Cuando te fuiste me dejaste un sabor amargo en la boca" (Monica Lewinski).
    "Se me fue la mano" (Mazinger Z)

Thanks

If i were u id go for the real thing. I really dont know the difference between the messiah and the messiah clone. Id bet it would be cheaper for the clone. But id take the original over any fake. Because like fakes they usually fall short on a few things. Plus ive had my messiah chip for about a year and have had no major or minor problems using it.

Thanks

Yeah and the fact the a lot of fakes even in memory cards for exacmple tend to have plenty of faultyness to them.
    Crusher and Sir Nastercoff r0XXOr!!!

chronos Guest

Get the messiah, I think thats the only one that works ok.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by SniperWolf
    Yeah and the fact the a lot of fakes even in memory cards for exacmple tend to have plenty of faultyness to them.
    Yeah, but in this case you are talking about two products that are unofficial. Niether mod chip is liscensed by Sony, and hense either one could have issues. There is no quality assurance when dealing with things such as this.

Anyway Stride, I'd keep in mind that you'll need to solder wires to chips on your PS2 and whatnot. If you don't have the skills, you could end up killing your PS2.....

Thanks

Messiah 2 Pro is the best modchip out there for the PS2.

You might also wanna check out the DMS3.....They say, its giving Messiah 2 a pretty good competition....

It's basicly the same thing as Messiah2 but you get region free DVD and possibility to boot homebrew software like "PGEN" and PS2 realityplayer for Divx movies and mp3s.

It all depends on what you want, DMS3 is a little bit more expensive then Messiah2 but it has extra feutures.

For all the latest news of the modchip world and to know whats hot and whats not just go here.....

http://www.ps2newz.net/

Just check out charlie_ps2, astina and Relayer's reviews about different modchips....They are the best people out there who know a great deal about modchips....

Okay, one more important thing...You will NOT be able to see or view posts posted by other members until and unless you SIGN up with them and LOG IN.

Trust me, its the best site out there for modchips...

Hope this helps.....

Bye for now....
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 14th-October-2003 at 03:03.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

ravihpa: Thanks for the link i've been looking for sometype of comparison on the different chips. Right now i'm leaning towards the magicV chip since the test outcomes where the same as the more expensive DMS3. But I do like that the DMS3 has a the ability to be flash upgraded.

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2

chronos Guest

yeah, nice links man. Now I could which is the best.

USA, the best damm place in the world, always and forever
    Thanks

Magic 3.1's or Magic V chips are the BEST. Some games have problems with the DMS3, which havent been fixed yet, but are "supposed" to get fixed soon. The messiah chips are great too, but there are more than Magic chips, and for no good reason I can see either. I would stay away from clone chips, they usually have overheating problems and such.

www.PacificMods.com

Selling modchip installation services, premodified consoles, and other cool stuff. Low costs and high quality products and services.

Thanks

Originally posted by jerome187
    Magic 3.1's or Magic V chips are the BEST. Some games have problems with the DMS3, which havent been fixed yet, but are "supposed" to get fixed soon. The messiah chips are great too, but there are more than Magic chips, and for no good reason I can see either. I would stay away from clone chips, they usually have overheating problems and such.
    As far as I know, there are "NO/ZERO" problems with DMS3 with ANY games. Even games like Kingdom Hearts and Splinter Cell who are known to create problems with modchips run perfectly well.

Splinter Cell is a game that won't load any saved game from the memory card and won't let you continue with the game. This has been a "BIG" issue with some modchips.

Here is a review of Magic V On V5 NTSC PS2 by LOD (From http://www.ps2newz.net/)

PS: I had to copy and paste the whole review coz that site is not working at this time and I don't know why. I hasn't happend before

Test Subject: Magic V
    The Magic V was obtained with the help of www.modchip.ca
    Test Console: SCPH-30001R V5 NTSC PS2 console
    Picture of Installation
    Here are the features and operating procedure of the Magic V taken directly from the www.china-magic.com website:

Features of the Magic V:

� Direct boot all PS2 Media (CD/CDR/DVD/DVDR ----> Silver/Backup/Import/Original)
    � Small (easy installation), Auto detect region/Jumper less, 23 pin soldering
    � 1 Single chip support V5-V8 console and all region
    � Support AR2/GS2 with code and continues CD/DVD (multi disc)

Operating Procedure:

With the disk assumed in the tray and the tray closed:
    � For PS2 games, power up normally from STANDBY with RESET button. A single tap is required.
    � For PS1 games & DVD Movies, power up from STANDBY with RESET button held until the blue EJECT light comes on; then release RESET and the disk will boot.
    � For turn OFF/SLEEP, power up from STANDBY with RESET button held until the logo/sounds comes on; then release RESET and the MagicV will be OFF/SLEEP.
    � Please turn off the PS2 (to standby) before changing Mode (PS1/PS2/DVD)

Installation recommendations:

� For soldering the power and ground wires, please use thicker cables (22awg=21swg)
    � For soldering to the other points, please use 32awg = 34swg cables

Results of Magic V Testing:

All Disks are NTSC unless otherwise noted.

Boot at Menu: Tested Working
    Boot at Browser: Tested Working
    Boot on Eject: Tested Working
    Disable Mode: Tested Working
    Always Boot on Reset: Tested Working The same disc was tried 10 times in succession taping the reset each time.
    Memory Card Function: Tested Working Tom Clancy�s Splinter Cell: Saved a game rebooted and played the saved game

PS1
    PS1 Original: Sampler Disc: Successful But it took a few try�s to get the timing right to set the chip in the DVD/PS1 mode.
    PS1 Backup: Twisted Metal Small Brawl: Successful
    PS1 Backup: Mod Protected Tomba 2: Failed

DVD Movie
    DVD Movie: Space Cowboys: Tested Working
    DVDR Movie: Space Cowboys: Tested Working

PS2
    PS2 Original: Metal Gear 2 Demo C Successful
    PS2 Original DV The Getaway: Successful
    PS2 HK DVD Silver: Metal Gear Solid 2: Successful
    PS2 Unpatched EA Game: Klonoa 2: Successful
    PS2 DVD RIP: GTA3: Successful (Kalisto)
    PS2 DVD RIP: Twisted Metal Black: Successful (Kalisto)
    PS2 CDR: Gadget Racer: Successful
    PS2 DVDR: Kingdom Hearts: Successful NO FREEZING on intro
    PS2 DVDR: Def Jam Vendetta: Successful
    PS2 NTSC/J DVD9 Gran Turismo Concept: Successful
    AR2/GS2 Tested WITH CODES GTA3 DVDR: Successful
    AR2/GS2 Tested WITH CODES Klonoa 2 CDR: Successful
    AR2/GS2 Tested WITH CODES Metal Gear Solid Demo (Original): Successful

Initial Tests show the chip performing as expected. The chip uses the PS2 clock signal verses the onboard system like the Magic 3.x. Beneficial or not it keeps the parts count down which means less cost to produce. Hopefully this cost savings will be passed down to the end user. The concerns for some were game saves when playing Splinter Cell. This tested OK when trying to load a saved game. Also the reliability for Boot on reset was tested 10 times in a row with Def Jam Vendetta and Passed with no failure. Also this chip booted backups first try every time. The Magic 3.x had problems with this and sometimes needed a second try to boot.

LOD

Hope this helps and remember, all the credit for this review goes to LOD from http://www.ps2newz.net/

Bye for now
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 15th-October-2003 at 02:39.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |