Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N-Gage?

Thanks

Default N-Gage?

Just wondering if there is or going to be a N-Gage emu?

Thanks

Erm... How new is the N-Gage?

I don't think it has any real support, so probably interest in emulating isn't all that high right now... :\

Thanks

the N-gage was just released there are probably programers starting to make there emus

Thanks

Another question about the N-gage: it works with cassettes, just like the gameboy. But it also has a USB-port. Would it be possible to download the games/ demos when available and play on the N-Gage or can you only play games of cassettes?

huskyhawkcougar Guest

i dont even think we would want an N-Gage emulator

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You never know until you actually play the games. Just because the way they set up the system sucks doesn't mean all of the games will.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They do though. I got to play a demo unit at EB, and yeah...the games aren't too hot right now. Perhaps in the future someone will actually develop an N-Gage game worth playing, but for now there's not a single game that accompanied it's launch that's really worth playing.

Thanks

With what console can we compare the N-Gage?
    I saw tombraider on the T.V but I looked like the psx version....But I don't think that it can play the games at the same quality as the psx.
    meh

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nope. It can't really. I mean, the games look relatively sweet, but the frame rate chugs on most of them, and only a couple of the launch games have music, which is rediculous.

Thanks

Why is seemingly everyone baiting this console? Ive just been browsing the gamefaq's forums (I know, I know) and besides all the meaningless shit people there insist on posting the opinion is almost unanimous - that the console is a crap one that should, and will, fail miserably. Why is this?

Myself, I believe Nintendo has held a monopoly on the handheld market for far too long now, and while I am not Nokia's biggest fan, I hope that the N-Gage does well for itself. I had a quick blast on Pandemonium in Game the other day, and whilst its not the best game ever (it never was) it IS a good port.

As for emulation - not yet. Not for a good long while in fact - but then, it has barely even hit the shelves! Patience, my dear boy, is a wonderful virtue.
    Touch my twat.

Thanks

I tried tomb raider on it and it and it like playing the pc version on my old comp. It's an expensive phone with a lot of extras.

sig and avatar by Nightingale.
    "Tengo un nudo en la garganta" (un ahorcado).
    "Levantare a los ca�dos y oprimir� a los grandes" (el sost�n).
    "Cuando te fuiste me dejaste un sabor amargo en la boca" (Monica Lewinski).
    "Se me fue la mano" (Mazinger Z)

Thanks

Originally posted by Viktor
    Myself, I believe Nintendo has held a monopoly on the handheld market for far too long now, and while I am not Nokia's biggest fan, I hope that the N-Gage does well for itself.
    Bashing a system because you heard some lame fanboy excuse that it's pure crap is one thing (Read: Dreamcast vs PS2)...

Bashing it because it IS pure crap is an entirely different one...

You cannot accuse Nintendo of having a monopoly if every system out there fails on their own reasons, be it bad games (N-Gage), bad hardware (won't even begin to name them...), bad promotion/distribution (NGPC), or whatever...

You cannot compare Nintendo's practices to Microsoft's...

Thanks

Bad games? When was the last console released that had an exceptional line up? Even the PSX was released with a load of shit. Im surprised that noone is willing to give the N-Gage the time of day. Ok, so Im not going to rush out and buy one of the damned things just yet - the fact you cannot get them off a 12 months contract has put paid to that - but I refuse to completely rule it out.

And as for bad hardware/games - Nintendo have been guilty on both these charges, why for instance, did they revise the GBA layout? And to be honest, there isnt a great deal of new material on GBA that looks that appealing. Sure, there are some great games for the system, but they are the exception, not the rule.
    Touch my twat.

Thanks

Yet out of the whole lot, GBC/GBA games have always been some of the best out there... The NGPC, for instance, was a great system with very good games and so was the WonderSwan, but again, they failed over here for their own reasons...

Not in Japan, though... They've always been giving Nintendo a run for their money on the popularity charts. It's good promotion + good games...

Now, compare the GBA's initial line-up with that of the N-Gage. Developers aren't working on the system. If they think the system's not worth it for any reason, they won't do it, and it's NOKIA's responsability when it comes to content.

Take the XBOX, for example... Microsoft was getting a LOT of bad publicity even long before the console came out, yet when it did, they had a decent amount of games to appease consumers.

SONY's PS2 had better publicity, yet everyone knows how bad its initial batch of games stunk.

Nintendo doesn't have a FULL GRASP of the handheld market... They do have a strong presence, the strongest at the moment (who doesn't know what a GameBoy is), but at the end, it's the consumer who decides... Let the PSP come out and we'll see...

And ALL consoles/handhelds have had their share of design "flaws", but there's a big difference in all.

Changing the design because of costs/technical aspects is one thing and releasing a handheld that chews and spits two AA batteries in an hour is a completely different one...

Well... I have no interest in debating this, but I do hope we can exchange views with no bloodshed...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, rather then go into detail as Ru did, I'll simply say that the system is getting bashed because thus far it's crap. You have to call it like it is Victor, and be realistic. The N-Gage is a nifty gadget, sure. But as a viable gaming system, it's sunk. It's as simple as that. I don't imagine there would be so many people bashing it if it didn't deserve it....