Thread: DVD to AVI ripping

Thanks

Default DVD to AVI ripping

I have been trying to backup my anime dvd and I can't seem to get that quality that is close the dvd quality. When rip my dvd to avi I kind of get a VHS quality and not the clear dvd quality. So how do you guys do it?! What programs do you guys uses to do this? I already tried many guides from VCDhelp.com but haven't gotten the quality I wanted.

[Edit]Oh forgot to to say the program I used to get the quality that was ok which is VHS like but not what I was aming for was DVDx 2.2.
    Last edited by TMC; 10th-October-2003 at 03:09.

Thanks

I think it relies on what kind of DVD burner you have and what the quality of the DVDs are.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

xvid is the standard most people use to back up dvd quality to vcd. If you want a 1:1 copy of the dvd I would recommend in getting a dvd recorder, they are only 129 dollars for +- and around 60 for - or +. If you want to back up the dvd on to a harddrive then don't use any compression or miniumal compression. Where the guides say on vcdhelp.com to use such and such compression just pick the one that has the lowest amount of compression. The end file will most likely be too big to put on a cd, but who in the world would back up a precious dvd to a cd? I would say wait for santa to get you a dvd-(+)r drive for christmas or save the backups on your harddrive.

vcdhelp.com is the best help you can get. Just don't pick their recommend compression ratio/type, if you want quality to be high. Note that a usual good copy of a dvd file is around 700+mb and an actual great copy a dvd is around 1+ gig.

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2