Thread: ZSNES doesn't work on windows xp

Rokusho Guest

Default ZSNES doesn't work on windows xp

can anyone help me???

Isk Guest

I may not be able to help ya myself as I know little about XP but...can ya provide more info? like, what happens exactly?

Christopher Time Guest

Um, yes it does, I myself and i'm sure countless others have ran it on Windows XP for some time now..
    It would help if you'd explain what the problem is you're experiencing, in detail..

Thanks

Mine runs fine under Windows XP? Like Sage said, what exactly is the problem?

They are hot, aren't they??

EmuFreak Guest

Originally posted by Astro X
    Mine runs fine under Windows XP? Like Sage said, what exactly is the problem?
    ZSnes as well works on xp for me as well, maybe the first thing you mite want to check out is to download the emulator from a different site, a great place to find more sites with the emulator is google ( trust me it's real easy emulators are fully legal ) hope that works for you right there.

Thanks

Are you the only user of the computer?

I've found that some programs won't run unless you are on the main/administrator user account.

Rokusho Guest

well other people use it and when i boot zsnes the black screen comes then stays

Isk Guest

yah I'd download the latest version from another source and do a clean reinstall. of course you should make sure your DirectX and video drivers are up to date.

Thanks

If you're running on Window mode, make sure 16-bit color depth is enabled on your desktop... It may not work on 32-bit color depth... Other than that, I have no clue as to what your problem could be...

Are you using ZSNESWin or DOS? Drop the DOS version...

EmuFreak Guest

Originally posted by Isk
    yah I'd download the latest version from another source and do a clean reinstall. of course you should make sure your DirectX and video drivers are up to date.
    2 things about your post first off if you had a version under the required direct x 7 zsnes would not even start and a message would appear to clearly explain this, and second windows xp is already from the get go with the above required direct x for zsnes.

Rokusho Guest

ok i have direct x 8 i think , on 16 bit color

Thanks

works fine for me , it works better than snes9x on my comp.

Christopher Time Guest

Originally posted by Rokusho
    well other people use it and when i boot zsnes the black screen comes then stays
    Common issue actually.. Hit "Z" when the black box comes up, then press Alt+Enter.
    It should go full screen and everything will work fine, though you may never be able to run it windowed.
    My old Computer had this problem, though my new one doesn't. Not sure the exact cause..

chronos Guest

You should try the Win version instead of the DOS since it doesnt work on window xp.