Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When did you get started in emulation, and what emulator/system are you playing now?

Thanks

Default When did you get started in emulation?

This question has probly been asked a billion times but when did you get started in emulation? What system did you play first?

Thanks

2 posts...

ZSNES... I didn't like it at the time, I thought downloading games was lame... But who's lame now, huh?

A friend showed it to me, then he gave me a copy and a few games to play with at work, to kill some time... That was over 2 years ago!

Thanks

i started 3 years ago with the GB. I figured the whole thing out by myself. am i a genius or what?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sure, perhaps you are. I can't see it. At any rate, the first system that I started out emulating was the NES. I remember using a very early version of Nesticle, and not having a proper controller to play games. I think the first game I played was...TMNT III.

Thanks

i know you cant see it but who can? I really dont know what game i played first. it might have been Pokemon red or blue. I started emulation with just a keyboard too. now i have 3.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Three keyboards, or three emulators? Heh. I'm pretty big into emulaton myself. I've got emus for just about every Sega system out there, as well as Nes, Snes, GB, Neo-Geo and Mame, as well as others I've likely forgotten. I love the ability emulation gives people to play games they'd likely never have gotten the chance to otherwise. I was never aware that there were four Adventure Island games for the NES for instance...

Thanks

Default What emulated system are you playing now?

this is always a fun question. What emulated system are you playing right now?

mines the n64. you can tell i have a beefy system

Thanks

i meant 3 controllers. i have that microsoft sidewinder, a one called dual axis(its a psx controller for pc), and a lame one called the saitek P150. i got it for 10 bucks! i have over 450 roms for all my systems. Gb, gbc, gba take about 200 out of it. i also have an awesome computer so i have a huge stash of n64 ones that play at regular speed

Thanks
    EP Points

I think i started with project 64, so I really haven't been into emulation that long, I think the first game I d/led was Super Mario 64, then I just found loads of other emulators, now I have over 3 gigs worth of roms for a variety of systemS

EDIT: Corrected spelling mistakes

Thanks

i meant that what system would you be playing if you werent browsing ep. getting conkers bfd is a dream for me because i have a 56 k connection and itd take 3 hours to get! im not looking forward to something like that. anyways, the 64 game im playing now is banjo-tooie.

salute Rareware!!!

Thanks

i started with the emulator daetalus. it was the best at the time. that was before project 64 1.5 came out. it ran daetalus off the emulation road! i have 46 n64 games! thats amazing considering my connection. the site thats best for n64 roms is *Link Removed* best ive ever found! you need winrar to open the parts but any one serious about emulation has winrar!

Cybers Edit: Just to letcha know, along with one word posts, we also have a rule about posting links to rom-sites outside of the Bazzar. You are encouraged to trade sites within the Bazzar, and if you would like to hand this link out there, it's your perogotive. You can either trade with members for other site links, or give it to those with 150 posts through our PM system, as per our requirements.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 3rd-October-2003 at 17:36.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'd probably be playing some MAME with my Real Arcade joystick. Most likely some Marvel Superheroes vs Street Fighter or something. Damn, that joystick makes games feel just like they did in the arcade.

Thanks

ive never gotten a mame rom for some reason. i just never thought of it. it would be so awesome to get a real arcade joystick! if i get another controller, thats what im getting!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You should. Well, what I did was I bought a ten dollar PSX to PC controller adapter, and then when I bought the Real Arcade stick for Soul Calibur II, I was able to use it on the PC for emulation such as MAME. It's great.

Thanks

DAMN! that sounds like an awesome idea. one thing, ive been looking for a psx to pc adapter. where can you get them? maybe your the genius