Thread: EFnet sever bite the dust or what?

EmuFreak Guest

Default EFnet sever bite the dust or what?

I used to love EFnet server on mirc it was the place to go to for roms for the most part but I have not used mirc for a bit lately, and before I used to use a mirc script so when I got back to mirc I know use the original mirc so it's like I am a newbie so I could connect to every where except EFnet so I searched on google see whats up with EFnet and it seems the upcoming life of that server is very dim I basicly found out that the whole server is as good as dead. Does anyone know however what brought this upon EFnet out of all the servers why this one? That info I have yet to find out. Thanks in advance for all the info everyone.

Thanks

check here for the server status(and you can find many channels here)
    meh

Thanks

I always use EFNet, since it`s there all of my friends from other forums is...works ok for me right now.

EmuFreak Guest

Originally posted by Mr Hwoarang
    I always use EFNet, since it`s there all of my friends from other forums is...works ok for me right now.
    Really the darned EFNet server has not worked for me since I got back into mirc about a month already. I even try to connect to a specific server instead of just a random EFNet server, and still no luck .

Thanks

efnet.vuurwerk.nl
    Is still good.

EmuFreak Guest

Originally posted by Lord Riff Raff
    efnet.vuurwerk.nl
    Is still good.
    Excellent thank you for the info I will be testing this out shortly.

Thanks

I can connect to every efnet server
    meh

EmuFreak Guest

Damn it can't connect to nottin EFnet still what the hell, some people here are saying they can connect but I can't and when I looked up the server on google I was finding that so many others are having this issue. Maybe certin places the server is down or something hmmm I dunno whats up with the who EFnet server thing???

Thanks

Efnet uses masking to block ips based on server.
    Which country are you from so we can look for server from that country that still works.
    irc.prison.net might work as well.

EmuFreak Guest

I am from the us I know for a fact that others in my area can not get into the server but I am also learning that some apparentlly some how now are???

SUG Guest

for US, try irc.qeast.net or irc.secsup.org. i'm from the US and connect fine to those.

EmuFreak Guest

Originally posted by SUG
    for US, try irc.qeast.net or irc.secsup.org. i'm from the US and connect fine to those.
    What so does are EFnet servers under different names or something??? Also has EFnet been banned only in the us or something of the sort? Thanks in advance

SUG Guest

no, just that some servers only allow connections from places. oh yea, you can also connect to irc.efnet.pl, it works fine too.

Thanks

I dont see what is wrong with EFNet. I looked there a few days ago to get some GBA ROMs at #GBATemp.