Thread: printer ink doesn't work

Shadowrider Guest

Default printer ink doesn't work

i just have this problem with my printer.
    i just bought a new ink. and installed driver correctly, and it seems like it's printing fine except there are no inks on the paper.
    i'm thinking either the cartridge where the ink cartridge is attached to is broken, or it needs to be cleaned up.
    any suggestions? it's cannon BJ2100.

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you accidentally touch that little copper strip or anything?Is the cartridge firmly in place?

Shadowrider Guest

the copper strip? is it on the side of the cartridge, and will be talking with the printer? (hum..that might be but not as i know it though)
    i'm pretty sure it's secured well. well there's a "lock"er that will lock firm the cartridge.

Thanks
    EP Points

just 2 make sure ur not stupid or something, did u take off the little sticker thingy on the cartridge over where the ink comes out?

Thanks

heheee.. I don't think shadowrider would miss that.

You might just need to purge ink out.
    While the ink catrtiages are still in the printer, hold down your power button and the paper feed (or ink) button until you see the printer start printing by itself. (make sure there is paper in the printer)

What it does is run internal software where it trys to push print out on new cartriges. Keep doing this until you see that the printer print out a good test copy.

(note that you should also be able to do this in your printer properties) But I like the two buttom method it seems "cooler"/ easier for some reason. God, I'm a geek...
    Last edited by grantu2; 26th-September-2003 at 08:53.

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2

Shadowrider Guest

hehe sorry artist...no sticker.

grantu, i'll try that. what's the command in the printer properties btw?
    actually i did a "print test" but yea..that's where i found out the problem.

Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Shadowrider
    hehe sorry artist...no sticker.

grantu, i'll try that. what's the command in the printer properties btw?
    actually i did a "print test" but yea..that's where i found out the problem.
    yeah, i wuz just making sure