Thread: Some ePSX trouble

Mr Darkside Guest

Default Some ePSX trouble

Hiyas. I've been having some trouble getting ePSX 1.60 running on my new comp. First of all:

P4 2.5 gig processor
    512 DDR RAM
    Radeon 8500
    Win XP Pro

The BIOS I am using is scph1001.bin & it is in my BIOS folder. I am using Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.74 for video, & Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 for sound, & all the dlls are in my Plugins folder. I am not using a CD patch, as I only run the games off my HD.

I keep trying to run the Final Fantasy Tactics i d/led from the Freebie forums, & I choose 'load ISO', & i choose the 'final fantasy tactics.bin', whereupon the screen goes black, & goes right back to Windows, with ePSXe closed. It used to work on my old crap computer, but it sucked so much it was kinda pointless. Under the Video configuration, i've chose Fast & Nice settings to see if one was better then the other, but to no avail.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated, as would any friendly nudges to some good FAQS. =D

trelimb Guest

were you using a older version of epsxe on your old computer when it worked? Some games that worked in older versions stopped working in 1.60.

Mr Darkside Guest

Most likely, as it was quite a while ago. On a side not, i d/led the other bios, & FFT loads now, though some parts of scenes are still black while others show up. Looks like some graphic tweaks are in order.

Thanks

Yeah, FFT runs without problems on 1.6, but didn't run in 1.52.
    Works for scph1001.bin too, dunno why it didn't work for you. Either the image file is corrupt or it's got something to do with your plug-in...

Try P. E. Op. S. soft plug-in or an older version of Pete's OGL...
    If it works with the soft plug-in (it does for me), then it's a plug-in issue...