Page 100 of 264 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3959

Thread: The Jazz Out: 4000 Posts of Holo to Lure Him Back

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'll check on my XP machine sometime. PCGW suggests using a period appropriate card but I'll find out if it matters or not.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

My brother told me DS games can apparently brick/wipe themselves if never powered for many years (something about their flash memory needing a bit of power to retain data or something). So time change day is a good moment to consider checking these things.

I worked over a decent stack of games with no problems. Stuck in my Acecard, hrm, it doesn't work. That's not a problem, it's a good flashcard so it can be rewritten if anything goes weird, I just need a OG DS flashcard. My R4 works fine, but WTF, why doesn't my DSTT have a SD card...? Another problem to fix. Google for a bit, and I don't remember if my DSTT is legit or not (I think it's legit?) and there's killer firmware out there. Dig around in old backup drives/folders and luckily find the old firmware I installed many years ago, so I go with that and it seems fine. Now rewrite the Acecard firmware, looks like it went well, try the card and it still doesn't work...? Well I guess the Acecards menu stored on the SD card is borked. Stick the SD card into my PC and dig around on it, oh look, my DSTT system files, I found where my DSTT SD card went Oh well, Google for Acecard system menu files, find some and proceed to try and overwrite the damaged ones, aaannndd the transfer speed drops to 0b/s and Windows locks up. Oh, I guess I see the real problem here (yes, I did look at the SD card before reflashing firmware and it seemed fine), I try to copy off the games on the card, and nope, crashes. Try to copy save files off the card, get 4-5 and it crashes. Resort to copying saves off 1 at a time, some of the saves are clearly died and won't come off at all, I know I had some hours into Dragon Quest V and it's gone, oh well. Now grab my backup drive and dig for my DS games, extract them onto my desktop, aaannnddd random CRC errors for fucks sake. Dunno when those corrupted, they probably would've been dropped on a 1TB drive, moved to a 2TB drive, maybe shifted to a different 2TB drive, and now live on a 8TB drive... Anyways, back to Google to replace a few games, and that's a pretty terrible experience. Randomly discovered wowroms, I guess I've heard their name before, they weren't bullshit, and now I'm finally done~

I have another box full of DS games, I'll get to it tomorrow, or something.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

A good resource for flash cart FW.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Some nice person gave me a PSVR v2, but it's missing the power supply and also the stand for the camera.
    No controllers either, but I have at least 4 move controllers (one is CiB move starter pack), one navigation controller and official move charging stand.
    The headset looks quite good, no damage or stains and doesn't smell. I'll be giving it a good clean anyway though

So I've ordered a PSVR psu
    The camera stand I've had a look around but can't see any cheap solutions right now. I could just print one I guess...

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    My brother told me DS games can apparently brick/wipe themselves if never powered for many years (something about their flash memory needing a bit of power to retain data or something). So time change day is a good moment to consider checking these things.

I worked over a decent stack of games with no problems. Stuck in my Acecard, hrm, it doesn't work. That's not a problem, it's a good flashcard so it can be rewritten if anything goes weird, I just need a OG DS flashcard. My R4 works fine, but WTF, why doesn't my DSTT have a SD card...? Another problem to fix. Google for a bit, and I don't remember if my DSTT is legit or not (I think it's legit?) and there's killer firmware out there. Dig around in old backup drives/folders and luckily find the old firmware I installed many years ago, so I go with that and it seems fine. Now rewrite the Acecard firmware, looks like it went well, try the card and it still doesn't work...? Well I guess the Acecards menu stored on the SD card is borked. Stick the SD card into my PC and dig around on it, oh look, my DSTT system files, I found where my DSTT SD card went Oh well, Google for Acecard system menu files, find some and proceed to try and overwrite the damaged ones, aaannndd the transfer speed drops to 0b/s and Windows locks up. Oh, I guess I see the real problem here (yes, I did look at the SD card before reflashing firmware and it seemed fine), I try to copy off the games on the card, and nope, crashes. Try to copy save files off the card, get 4-5 and it crashes. Resort to copying saves off 1 at a time, some of the saves are clearly died and won't come off at all, I know I had some hours into Dragon Quest V and it's gone, oh well. Now grab my backup drive and dig for my DS games, extract them onto my desktop, aaannnddd random CRC errors for fucks sake. Dunno when those corrupted, they probably would've been dropped on a 1TB drive, moved to a 2TB drive, maybe shifted to a different 2TB drive, and now live on a 8TB drive... Anyways, back to Google to replace a few games, and that's a pretty terrible experience. Randomly discovered wowroms, I guess I've heard their name before, they weren't bullshit, and now I'm finally done~

I have another box full of DS games, I'll get to it tomorrow, or something.
    I got a G6 Lite 4G (5 in 1) kit recently - missing box insert, disc and some of the cart shells. Software isn't a problem I found that easily. The shells; there are enough there it's just missing some alt colours. It does boot up on NDS with the pass card but there isn't any game flashed to it and I haven't tested further atm.

I never got around to looking it up... but I was wondering if the usb flasher could be used to flash bootleg GBA carts (I know some of these can be reflashed). Probably not I guess

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Some nice person gave me a PSVR v2, but it's missing the power supply and also the stand for the camera.
    No controllers either, but I have at least 4 move controllers (one is CiB move starter pack), one navigation controller and official move charging stand.
    The headset looks quite good, no damage or stains and doesn't smell. I'll be giving it a good clean anyway though

So I've ordered a PSVR psu
    The camera stand I've had a look around but can't see any cheap solutions right now. I could just print one I guess...
    Don't run into any walls.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Magician View Post
    Don't run into any walls.
    So I should buy a treadmill too?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

finally I got my usb cable I ordered 2 weeks ago, though I somewhat suspect the seller sent a replacement after I filed a complaint about it on friday.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    So I should buy a treadmill too?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

A good resource for flash cart FW.
    That's quite nice, seeing how tons of old sources for these sorts of files are just gone.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    That's quite nice, seeing how tons of old sources for these sorts of files are just gone.
    I rediscovered it when I was bumbling around looking for the correct FW for an R4 clone. Loads of dead links on GBATemp.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Power getting turned off in an hour .

Thanks
    EP Points

at least you got notified first.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    at least you got notified first.
    Scheduled for work to be done in this case. I don't think my power company would tell anyone (unless forced) if they were doing rolling outages.

Thanks
    EP Points

Scheduled for work to be done in this case. I don't think my power company would tell anyone (unless forced) if they were doing rolling outages.
    same here.