Thread: administrator has banned your email address

Thanks
    EP Points

Question administrator has banned your email address

I'm trying to change my email address away from any google related (because they're starting to demand a phone number so they can shove those entire accounts they won't let me into anymore). So I'm expecting to abandon my last google related accounts inevitably.

So I tried to change my account here to be associated with my account at @protonmail.com (they've also started using @proton.me), though I get the following message...

The administrator has banned your email address. You will need to change your email address in order to continue.....

Is @protonmail.com / @proton.me banned for some bizarre reason? If there's some black/white list of email providers here you should display it, because I'm not going to be making accounts at "approved" providers for each site that has conflicting lists.

I'll rather just call it a day and avoid such sites. The internet is becoming a real pain in the rear these days.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I dunno of any list of banned providers. The only one I knew of off the top of my head was Yahoo (iirc), and we just blocked them to prevent problems, as they were spam filtering all emails from us so allowing them was pointless. Perhaps protonmail had the same issue? It's not like banning a provider blocks spambots, and that's the only reason we'd care...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Aside from yahoo, disposable emails aren't allowed either. I'm afraid the one the OP mentioned falls into that category.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

OIC
    https://www.guru99.com/free-fake-ema...enerators.html

Protonmail looks like it can be used legitimately, I've heard some privacy obsessed friends talk about it, an even paying to use it. So Romuliser wasn't wrong to give it a try. But it obviously has its problems if it can be found on the same lists as 10minutemail.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here