Thread: Emulator for Hey you Pikachu?

Melania Guest

Post Emulator for Hey you Pikachu?

Does anybody know which emulator runs it well. I tried pj64 but it didn't work, and on nemu64 it sucks very much (Pikachu has no eyes and the sound isn't very good). I have a very fast computer with a good graphic card, so that's not the problem.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi Melania
    As far as I remember, that game needs a Microphone to play because it's got something to do with voice commands or something.
    Very cool I swear, but I don't think any emulator supports microphone yet, maybe you could send over a shout to some input plugin maker or someone (or we could), and they'd add the feature...

Melania Guest

Default Damn...

Damn, so I can't play it!

Why do I live in the Netherlands? Hey you Pikachu isn't going to be for sale here, I really love to have the game! Oh well, maybe someone near me is going to America or something, and can bring the game (I am really fooling myself).

Questions:
    Are the American cartridges the same as in Europe, because the cartridges for the SNES weren't.
    Is Hey you Pikachu for sale in other countries in Europe maybe.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

it never got released here either

something about that we have too many accents or something

Thanks

I've never really played the game, it didn't look that interesting to me. My friend has it but I never tried it. Even though I live in the US I still think it's kind of stupid that they won't release those games in other countries in Europe and stuff. Is it just me or is a large amount of the worlds internet community from Europe lately. I've been meeting a lot more Europian friends rather than American. Anyway, I think it's cool that we have multiple races on the internet, it makes the world feel a little smaller.

Melania Guest

Of course it is stupid. But there are a lot of games of which I think Nintendo thinks they won't be successfull here. Harvest Moon is also not for sale here... I guess I have to persuade my parents to take us on a holiday to the US (a chance of 1 on 100000000000000000000000 probably ).

Thanks
    EP Points

Melania,
    First of all, the cartridges are different. So europe uses PAL, while USA uses NTSC, so you really can't play it on your N64 (PAL N64 in netherlands). There really is no choice. You'll have to buy a new N64 to play the game (sigh!).

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

you could get a converter

also its cool trying to fit american ntsc cartridges in an a pal n64 the cartridges wont fit

but you can get a saw and saw off the end bits at the bottom and it will fit in

you still cant play the game but its a cool excuse to do stuff

also i screwed my n64 by putting a japanese cart in

they are the same shape as pal and fit in the machine

although the consequences can be fatal (to your pal n64)

ps PAL games suck

Raziel Guest

You Guys think you have it bad I live in Australia and nothin much comes out here