Thread: PAL ISOs

Thanks

Default PAL ISOs

I've just downloaded the PAL version of Dragon Ball Z Final Bout and burned it to disc, I'm wondering if I buy a modded NTSC Playstation/PSII and play it on a NTSC TV will the PAL disc work?

Edit: Can anyone tell me a way of finding out whether the ISO is really NTSC or PAL cause after running it in EPSXE 1.6 it says forced NTSC detection. I just remenbered some reason that the ISO was PAL but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Grim Reaper; 5th-September-2003 at 21:48.

trelimb Guest

You will need to use an import player swap to make it playable at all.
    Or maybe there is a patch for it.
    My experience with pal has been that the picture is actually bigger than what will fit on your tv though because the pal tv's have more scanlines.

Thanks

You just need to modchip your ps2 to make them run... but I exactly don't know if you will see them perfectly on your tv. In europe, we just need RGB cables to see NTSC games well. but I don't know about PAL games on NTSC tvs. The best thing to do is to download a mode selector from www.megagames.com (there are for both PSX and PS2). They are patches that you need to apply to the cd, and then, before the game boots, you'll be able to choose your video mode just by pressing a key

Me will rock you

Thanks

Thanks Coolvortex, after checking out the site I found that they only have NTSC-PAL patches, guess I'll go and look for a NTSC ISO then

EmuFreak Guest

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
    Thanks Coolvortex, after checking out the site I found that they only have NTSC-PAL patches, guess I'll go and look for a NTSC ISO then
    That makes no sense they sound be able to go NTSC to PAL and vice versa thats really strange, because I could of swore I had a program like this about almost 2 years ago.

Thanks

You don't need to patch the ISO, just download an import player from www.megagames.com. It lets you choose which video mode you want to use.

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
    Edit: Can anyone tell me a way of finding out whether the ISO is really NTSC or PAL cause after running it in EPSXE 1.6 it says forced NTSC detection. I just remenbered some reason that the ISO was PAL but I'm not sure.
    It said forced NTSC detection because you've set it to use NTSC as the proper video mode or it's the default or something. You can change it somewhere in one of the menus. I'm not sure which one thought 'cause I don't use ePSXe much. I'll check for you now...

EDIT: Options --> Country --> Autodetect. It will say PAL/NTSC disc detected when you open the ISO.
    Last edited by Nub; 6th-September-2003 at 02:55.

Thanks

I have two things to say:

1) The patches should work both on NTSC/PAL versions of the games

2) Using an import player is not as good as using a patch.

Me will rock you