Thread: (genesis) what are the controls for Nightmare Circus?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default (genesis) what are the controls for Nightmare Circus?

was thinking of livestreaming this for halloween but i just tried a practice run and can't remember much of the controls.

and looking around via duckduckgo has wound up being rather embarrassing cause guess whose name keeps coming up with info about the game in comments...MINE!

i know SOME about this game...i know HOW to beat it. but it would go a REALLY long way if i could have a spreadsheet or something...anything documenting all the controls for it. in fact, that would go a long way for ANYONE who wants to play the game now and in the future.

like A button is a high kick but it's also a knee to the gut when an enemy is right next to you. then, after the ferris wheel, you're on this spinning cage ride and the controls are different there because it's not the same contextually as the normal left/right platforming movement since the rotational force is pressing you back against the cage till you kick the door switch and it slows to a halt THEN it's back to the normal left/right platforming context.

the games difficulty is downright demonic but it would be a world or 2 easier if there was a control guide to practice with.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Have you tried searching using Mega Drive?
    I think the original Tec Toy release was packaged that way. Genesis is NA only, the rest of the world doesn't call it that.

I'll have a look myself, but I suspect any game manual (if it's even available) might not be of any help.
    It's possible some info could be out there but you might need to translate from Portuguese.

Spoiler warning:

Last edited by deadlegion; 6th-October-2021 at 05:29.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Looks like the game was only released in Brazil so the manual is in ummm Portuguese I guess. Also from what I've read this is one of the worst games ever made lol.

Looks like all the controls are there. Have to do some bit of google translating I guess but shouldn't be too bad.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. I can't be bothered to download then upload to a filehost so link stealing it is!!!
    Last edited by Zaladane; 6th-October-2021 at 05:43.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Yes it should be Portuguese, the official language of Brazil

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

thank you for finding the manual. that should be enough (with some translating).

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    thank you for finding the manual. that should be enough (with some translating).

No prob.

Unfortunately that's all there is. There's a couple of Brazil/Portuguese guys on the EP Discord that are pretty high in rank there who could possibly help translate, dunno. But you'll probably be fine with Google.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 6th-October-2021 at 07:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

ok...all done translating.

thankfully i didn't need any of the accent things above and below letters and plain english text translates well between brazilian and english with almost no issue. though there was a few oddities here and there that i noted.

now to translate the plot...

plot: when the circus del diablo pitched its first tents around the city, people began to gather to buy tickets for the opening night.

while the canvas was raised, leto diablo, the owner of the circus, stopped from tent to tent, distributing orders treating the aristas like slaves. every animal trainer, clown, or trapeze artist feared and despised diablo for his cruelty. because he was losing money at every performance, leto diablo began to hate his circus.

but diablo had a plan. he made an insurance policy with a very high value for his circus. so, as soon as the show started on opening night, he would take advantage of the darkness and douse the tents with gasoline. in that way, with a simple flash of a match, diablo would transform the entire circus into a carnival of flames and screams of terror!

one of the survivors of the fire saw diablo light the match and testified at the trial. diablo was found guilty of the murders. on being condemned to the electric chair, he cursed the townsfolk.

"you can't kill me!" boasted. "The spirits of all your beloved dead are mine. I will torture your souls for eternity!"

shortly after Diablo's death, strange facts began to happen. people began to see strange lights in the circus grounds. an old man swore he saw the circus of leto rise from the beyond and return to the same place where it had been burned. others heard laughter blowing like the wind in the desert...

today, years after the tragedy, this story is considered a legend. but the warrior shaman raven lost his family in hell and believes in the event.

raven heads to the desert, where the circo del diablo once existed. in the heat of the sun, only ash serves as a reminder of the horrible massacre.

but tonight, as soon as darkness fell, the sky was shrouded in black clouds. Suddenly the Nightmare Circus appeared, floating in space where there had been nothing before. Raven must attack the haunted spirit prison to avenge the death of his family.

---

pretty dark plot for a genesis game.

edit: mode + Up is how you heal.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by treos; 6th-October-2021 at 14:20.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treos For This Useful Post: