Page 4 of 267 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Soulja Boy Poop Out of Mouth Out - Atari Zombie Inside (or maybe not)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The backup download is a handy function .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Just updated the firmware on my C64 Mini earlier, realised I hadn't got around to organising some NES style USB controllers (or wireless with USB adapter) There's always something that seems to drop off my to do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Guile View Post
    If you wanted to pay an obscene amount of money for an ancient video card you could probably get one in that condition .
    Well yeah, but what I got seems near new but I didn't pay a ridiculous amount of money. Obviously it is only a Banshee but the ram isn't tiny so there's that.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

ugh
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    ugh

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Work has been closed for over a week now. It seems this current lockdown might be extended again
    I don't mind having spare time to do stuff at home, plenty to keep me occupied.
    Spoiler warning:
    I miss going through dead peoples stuff though

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Work has been closed for over a week now. It seems this current lockdown might be extended again
    I don't mind having spare time to do stuff at home, plenty to keep me occupied.
    Spoiler warning:
    I miss going through dead peoples stuff though
    You guys in Australia get good Covid supplement monies like we do though eh?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    You guys in Australia get good Covid supplement monies like we do though eh?
    In the beginning yes, but not so much now.
    Our fed gov has always been tight with money but love giving big business all kinds of tax breaks etc.

Fed keeps pushing hard for everyone to get vax shots (of whatever kind is available regardless of risk) so they can "open up again" for full international travel and everything.
    So it was carrot first for a little bit and now it's more like being threatened with a stick... serious talk of people that have shots getting greater freedom and the rest will just be second class citizens I guess.

I've had my shots so the talk doesn't bother me.

Anyway there was never really any covid supplement for everybody. Unemployed people got double allowance for some months last year, but workers just got part pay without having to work (their workplaces were closed). Fed got rid of that and now if your area has a lockdown you have to apply for relief. You don't get your entire wage or whatever.
    And afaik the unemployed, pensioners etc have nothing extra atm.

Fed cares more about states being open for business instead of containing outbreaks completely. Some state gov's like mine are very good at containing outbreaks, there's one state atm (not mine) that is failing at containment. They have like 1000+ cases per day and people dying. Yet they talk about giving more freedom to people with 2 vax shots Idiots, people with 2 vax shots can still catch delta and pass it on to other people. Kids under 12 can't get a vax atm.

/end rant

So yeah it didn't seem so bad to begin with but it's all shit now.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

This is probably going to sound really intolerant, but whatever...

The Fed gov is Liberal/National coalition. The Libs are always about big business and high income earners. They hate unions and they really dislike unemployed people.

The Prime minister is Christian, I mean an odd Christian like some of the US denominations (forget which actual church but he has attended hillsong stuff).
    The fed treasurer, both of his parents are Jewish.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Seems similar to what's happening here. We have this messed up passport system going on now for vaccinations which keeps changing daily it seems.

I still haven't got a shot yet, and honestly don't care. I know how that sounds....and still don't care.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    This is probably going to sound really intolerant, but whatever...

The Fed gov is Liberal/National coalition. The Libs are always about big business and high income earners. They hate unions and they really dislike unemployed people.

The Prime minister is Christian, I mean an odd Christian like some of the US denominations (forget which actual church but he has attended hillsong stuff).
    The fed treasurer, both of his parents are Jewish.
    It's always about big business. Nothing new there no matter what country you live in.

Thanks
    EP Points

I got 2 shots of pfizer but I need to keep an eye on my folks.
    If I didn't have family depending on me I might not have done it so fast and waited some more.
    But pfizer shots are limited supply here so I grabbed the opportunity recently, I know several people that can't get appointments for those shots right now.

The only alternative atm is astrazenica, which is actually produced here so large quantities of it. Way higher risk though.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    It's always about big business. Nothing new there no matter what country you live in.
    Well yes. But with the 2 big parties here there's a noticeable difference.

Some states are run by the different parties. The state that has covid containment issues atm is run by the same party that runs the fed.
    So they have a breakout, they wait a bit until cases start climbing all over the place and then they slowly take some measures, increasing measures bit by bit hoping to control it without closing businesses.
    Eventually they decided they need to close businesses and enforce wearing of masks because they have hundreds of cases per day.
    By that time it's way too late and they end up having more than 1000 cases per day, all they can talk about is people need the vax and it will get better.
    They sorta gloss over the fact that most kids can't get the vax

My state is run by the other party.
    Have a couple of cases and bam! Lockdown for that area.
    Get a few odd cases all over the state? Lockdown the whole state.

One party cares more about people in general and the other only about some people.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

in the immortal words of columbo "oh just one more thing" that pretty much sums up my life lately.
    also 5am and nearly 80 fuck this shit next can't get here soon enough.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.

Thanks
    EP Points

superman with out super villains is lame like smallville lame or batman without the joker, penguin, the riddler, or catwoman lame.

Thanks
    EP Points