Page 21 of 267 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Soulja Boy Poop Out of Mouth Out - Atari Zombie Inside (or maybe not)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    I was thinking of doing that.
    Here's a link to NPS sorted to US Vita releases by name.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I know about DS4 but then Grouch would need to get one. More expensive than DS3.
    Afaik there aren't any cheap 3rd party DS4 controllers that have all DS4 functionality (they're usually missing motion controls at least but some might not have touch pad/button either).

Anyway, if you have PS TV fully hacked etc plus DS4 it still isn't the same as playing on handheld Vita (I mean for the games that have special Vita functions).
    I've had Vita for years but only got PS TV fairly recently (it's hacked). Some games are just a pain in the arse on PS TV

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I know about DS4 but then Grouch would need to get one. More expensive than DS3.
    Afaik there aren't any cheap 3rd party DS4 controllers that have all DS4 functionality (they're usually missing motion controls at least but some might not have touch pad/button either).

Anyway, if you have PS TV fully hacked etc plus DS4 it still isn't the same as playing on handheld Vita (I mean for the games that have special Vita functions).
    I've had Vita for years but only got PS TV fairly recently (it's hacked). Some games are just a pain in the arse on PS TV
    Do you know which games? Most of what I've played or would play it doesn't matter so it's not something I've really thought about.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Guile View Post
    Here's a link to NPS sorted to US Vita releases by name.
    thanks for that I was already looking on another site. I just wonder how many of those us released rpgs are dubbed.

how many games require vita specific controls?
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'd guess that more are subbed than not but I'm not sure.

Thanks
    EP Points

seen so things that did interest me so I might just browse around for prices.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Any game that has gyro controls, touch controls (front and rear) and also camera stuff in-game. Optional or otherwise.
    Yes you can get around some issues, like some games you can disable touch controls... but believe me it just makes some games less enjoyable (Uncharted is a good example that uses everything).

I think Killzone Merc has touch controls that can be disabled on PS TV but I'm not sure if it can be done on Vita (I own the cart but don't recall being able to disable touch controls).
    The above might be an example of a game you would want to play on PS TV and not Vita if you hate touch controls.

I was only thinking from Grouch's POV, that is; limited funds. Then from there trying to figure out what would be best.
    If you want Vita games then I'd suggest a Vita handheld. It's cheaper for starters but also has all the hardware so no need to figure shit out for every game or buy controllers
    Vita doesn't even need a power supply, much like PSP. Just get a cheap USB charge cable, it will take longer to charge from like a PC or whatever though. Use a high rated USB wall wart if you have one.
    Downside to Vita is that it will be used and stuff can wear out on handhelds
    Both of my Vita's are still 100% ok though (original non-3G and a late slim).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

It isn't all about what games require special controls imo, it's more if you're going to play these games at least have something that can use all game functions.
    Otherwise, if you're on a budget then emulate.
    If you have extra money then get both PS TV and Vita. Also get PSP with TV out and PS3 with full CFW.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The PSTV isn't worth considering from that perspective; I wasn't suggesting that he should buy one.

Thanks
    EP Points

well you weren't kidding prices on ebay wow the cheapest $110 + $12 s/h
    I think I'll be stuck with my oldies for a good while longer

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Guile View Post
    The PSTV isn't worth considering from that perspective; I wasn't suggesting that he should buy one.
    Yeah I understood what you were saying.
    Sometimes it's hard to think what's best. I mean for years I kept an eye out for a cheap PS TV as we never had them dirt cheap on clearance like NA, but I finally got one with a DS3.
    I just wanted one for my collection but it isn't anything to rave about imo, I mean it's nice to play some Vita games on TV but it's kinda limited compared to the handhelds.

Already had a bunch of spare DS3 controllers and I have 2x DS4 controllers. Also USB adapters for PS1/2 controllers.
    Have PS3's with full CFW, one is fat but the others are slim.
    A few PSP's with tv out.
    PS Classic.
    A few PS1's with modchips.
    And now exploited PS2's.
    One working PS2 with modchip (pink slim).

Basically I had everything covered already it was just the novelty of being able to play some Vita titles on TV, even though there isn't the same flexibility with the controls

Still need to get PSP Go but that's something that only seem to get more and more expensive here. The official dock is crazy hard to find and never cheap
    Import limitations from Japan don't help like with a lot of things atm. The odd seller here and there will use DHL but the cost is outrageous
    Last edited by deadlegion; 7th-September-2021 at 15:50.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    well you weren't kidding prices on ebay wow the cheapest $110 + $12 s/h
    I think I'll be stuck with my oldies for a good while longer
    PS TV or Vita?
    Pretty sure I paid less than that for my PS TV I got it fairly recently (like after covid started). Took me years to find a good deal though, they do pop up from time to time but people snap them up immediately.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

On a budget PS3 is still the best value imo.
    Get a working fat or early slim and use full CFW.

If you're interested in PS1/2 I would look at MechaPwn exploit.
    You'll need a DVD burner and blank CD/DVD media though.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

On a budget PS3 is still the best value imo.
    Get a working fat or early slim and use full CFW.

If you're interested in PS1/2 I would look at MechaPwn exploit.
    You'll need a DVD burner and blank CD/DVD media though.
    Getting a working and hackable PS3 off FB/CL/wherever for $50 (give or take) is the best budget choice in the US right now. You might be able to get a Vita for around that price if you really search but with PS3 it's fairly easy for now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PS TV or Vita?
    Pretty sure I paid less than that for my PS TV I got it fairly recently (like after covid started). Took me years to find a good deal though, they do pop up from time to time but people snap them up immediately.
    That's around the going rate for a Vita on ebay. Things have gone the opposite direction over the last few years and the internet kind of sucks for used video game stuff.