Page 37 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast

Thread: The Soulja Boy Poop Out of Mouth Out - Atari Zombie Inside (or maybe not)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    whats a good cheap($20-$25) large capacity flash drive?
    I bought a 128gb sandisk last year but it's a piece of shit it will not hold more than 16gb despite what it show or what format it's in.
    Uhh, did you buy a counterfeit? Cause that's typical behaviour for em, spoofed capacity when it only has 16gb of memory.

I'd go with something in a B tier brand, cause they're not plagued with knockoffs... So Kingston or Adata or what have you. And get something that you can actually find reviews of that mention the actual read/write speeds, cause who gives a shit if it's reliable when it only writes at 10mb/s.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Uhh, did you buy a counterfeit? Cause that's typical behaviour for em, spoofed capacity when it only has 16gb of memory.

I'd go with something in a B tier brand, cause they're not plagued with knockoffs... So Kingston or Adata or what have you. And get something that you can actually find reviews of that mention the actual read/write speeds, cause who gives a shit if it's reliable when it only writes at 10mb/s.
    I did end up buying a 2tb one last year that turned out to be fake(wasn't a sandisk) the sandisk should be legit it came in the branded package. I went with sandisk because I've used them in the past. I'll look around for kingston that's a brand I've heard of before(didn't they use to do pc memory?)
    I was also thinking of doing a sd/Msd. I'm really just looking for something cheap to put all my movies/tv shows on to use with my new media player.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

the sandisk should be legit it came in the branded package.
    Wow, you're an easy mark... Fakes nowadays can look nigh identical to legit items. Even buying stuff shipped/sold by Amazon can result in you getting fakes (Amazon obviously sources their stuff from legit sources, but warehouses reship 3rd party sellers stuff and don't sort their inventory separately (so you can also get legit stuff from known fake sellers off Amazon, lol))

Edit: Oh, and you can still get hit with counterfeits on B tier brands. The quick test is if you're getting read/write speeds in the expected ballparks. Something like this Kingston is probably adequate, it has reviews to show you what to expect (and isn't covered with comments about fakes). You can find faster better drives, but you'd be paying more than like $20 then
    https://www.amazon.ca/Kingston-Digit.../dp/B016BEPP9O
    Last edited by Ragnar; 15th-September-2021 at 01:57.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

If you're having trouble getting something legit, buy from a local store and not online.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Wow, you're an easy mark... Fakes nowadays can look nigh identical to legit items. Even buying stuff shipped/sold by Amazon can result in you getting fakes (Amazon obviously sources their stuff from legit sources, but warehouses reship 3rd party sellers stuff and don't sort their inventory separately (so you can also get legit stuff from known fake sellers off Amazon, lol))

Edit: Oh, and you can still get hit with counterfeits on B tier brands. The quick test is if you're getting read/write speeds in the expected ballparks. Something like this Kingston is probably adequate, it has reviews to show you what to expect (and isn't covered with comments about fakes). You can find faster better drives, but you'd be paying more than like $20 then
    https://www.amazon.ca/Kingston-Digit.../dp/B016BEPP9O
    after doing some looking last night I think I'll go the sd/Msd route I've been seeing far more positive reviews on sandisk and samsung cards than I have flash drives
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    If you're having trouble getting something legit, buy from a local store and not online.
    my only choice would be ugh walmart I wouldn't trust them or pay their over inflated prices.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.

Thanks
    EP Points

I usually just pop into Officeworks and have a look through the budget baskets of flash drives and sd cards

It's in the city so like a 20 minute drive... but I drive to the city for work, shopping and appointments anyway.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Same place I bought my last few external hard drives from. Another place I pop into is JB Hi-Fi, but that's mostly for current gen games and BD/DVD.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Online stuff can be hit and miss, but ebay policies force sellers to sort out issues like this (fake capacity cards and drives).
    It's annoying but you shouldn't lose any money as a buyer. Maybe it's different over there idk.. can't see why it should be unless consumers have zero rights under law.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I usually just pop into Officeworks and have a look through the budget baskets of flash drives and sd cards

It's in the city so like a 20 minute drive... but I drive to the city for work, shopping and appointments anyway.
    I don't get to go out much and when I do I only have the one store again walmart
    Online stuff can be hit and miss, but ebay policies force sellers to sort out issues like this (fake capacity cards and drives).
    It's annoying but you shouldn't lose any money as a buyer. Maybe it's different over there idk.. can't see why it should be unless consumers have zero rights under law.
    it can be a real pain at times also alot of times buyer has to pay return shipping, I raised enough of a stink on that first fake drive that I got a refund but the seller continues to sell them. I didn't learn about them being fake till later on when I checked a similar
    listing from a different seller I looked at the feedback to see that a few people were complaining about drive capacity. I usually check these things but with that sandisk blade I bought I checked but didn't see any negative comments on the drive so I bought it

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't really understand why you only have a walmart store near you.
    The city I live near is only like 100k people, so not large by US standards. Enough shops to play them off against each other though for this sort of thing.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't really understand why you only have a walmart store near you.
    The city I live near is only like 100k people, so not large by US standards. Enough shops to play them off against each other though for this sort of thing.
    I don't know where Grouch lives but, Walmart will choke the life out of other businesses if it's a smaller town.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Guile View Post
    I don't know where Grouch lives but, Walmart will choke the life out of other businesses if it's a smaller town.
    So that's the American dream?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

after doing some looking last night I think I'll go the sd/Msd route I've been seeing far more positive reviews on sandisk and samsung cards than I have flash drives

my only choice would be ugh walmart I wouldn't trust them or pay their over inflated prices.
    Be sure to test whatever you go for.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So that's the American dream?
    Most people have gotten delusional about how they think things should be due to dirty practices from huge companies like Walmart and Amazon. A lot don't bother shopping anywhere else .

Thanks
    EP Points

Another 7 days at home again.

Spoiler warning:

Spoiler warning: