Page 156 of 267 FirstFirst ... 56106146151152153154155156157158159160161166206256 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 4002

Thread: The Soulja Boy Poop Out of Mouth Out - Atari Zombie Inside (or maybe not)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Been messing with the old trashy MXQ Pro 4k android box I have, originally I was going to keep the small board for parts but decided to delve into a custom android build to see if I could get it to run better.
    After a bit of searching I found a custom setup by some coolio dude a few years back, used USB burn tool (and male to male cable) and installed it. It ran much better but no kodi, I could've looked for an old apk to install but meh... and it's still android shit anyway so...

Spoiler warning:

Looked at minimal linux distros.
    Tried out libreelec first (SD card boot), had to play around a bit to find an older distro that would work with the hardware plus find a device tree file that would work. After trying some combinations I got it working, kinda, it wasn't too bad just basically kodi on a minimal linux os. Only problem was the ir remote didn't work anymore (I had to use USB mouse). After some reading it seemed possible to setup ir remote to work, but more messing around and I would need to ssh into the box and reboot on every try. As I said, possible, but at this point I thought maybe coreelec install might do better

So I setup coreelec SD card boot. Experience from my libreelec tests taught me what device tree was close to what I needed for the hardware. Took a few tries but I got it working.
    IR remote that I had used for android (original and coolio install) still didn't work, but that's ok as I had already read that coreelec supported some different remotes including Xbox 360 media remote
    I've got a couple of the small white remotes so I used that and it's working fine.
    Next was the final part of my experiment. Testing a few generic bluetooth USB dongles with a PS3 media remote (my intention was to see if it would work so no need to point at the box for ir remote to work).
    First one I tried didn't work, second one I got the remote to pop up in the BT list (while holding start and enter) and then I just had to use the 360 remote with my other hand to select pairing and trust this connection.

So now I've resurrected a shitty old android box: quad core Amlogic 2GHz (x64) with Mali 450 GPU, 1GB ram, 8GB rom, RTL wi-fi and 100 lan port.
    It can now run 1080p 60Hz x264/x265 vids without stuttering (on android it was only 100% smooth with 720p), plus running from 32GB ultra SD card actually seems to make a difference (maybe that's just the minimal OS though, idk).
    Also, I added bluetooth to it.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the male to male USB cable I'm using; I'm sure I have at least one here somewhere but after looking for nearly an hour I gave up and made one. I was so dodgy about it I just cut up 2 cables, spliced the wires and didn't even solder. Just used electrical tape and checked continuity

Last edited by deadlegion; 12th-January-2022 at 13:22.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    My first computer was a P1, then had a P4. As of now I'm running an i5(haswell generation). I'll need to make a new build if I want to use newer hardware. If parts ever go down. Damn bitcoin miners. :/
    Not seeming likely to happen anytime soon.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Been messing with the old trashy MXQ Pro 4k android box I have, originally I was going to keep the small board for parts but decided to delve into a custom android build to see if I could get it to run better.
    After a bit of searching I found a custom setup by some coolio dude a few years back, used USB burn tool (and male to male cable) and installed it. It ran much better but no kodi, I could've looked for an old apk to install but meh... and it's still android shit anyway so...

Spoiler warning:

Looked at minimal linux distros.
    Tried out libreelec first (SD card boot), had to play around a bit to find an older distro that would work with the hardware plus find a device tree file that would work. After trying some combinations I got it working, kinda, it wasn't too bad just basically kodi on a minimal linux os. Only problem was the ir remote didn't work anymore (I had to use USB mouse). After some reading it seemed possible to setup ir remote to work, but more messing around and I would need to ssh into the box and reboot on every try. As I said, possible, but at this point I thought maybe coreelec install might do better

So I setup coreelec SD card boot. Experience from my libreelec tests taught me what device tree was close to what I needed for the hardware. Took a few tries but I got it working.
    IR remote that I had used for android (original and coolio install) still didn't work, but that's ok as I had already read that coreelec supported some different remotes including Xbox 360 media remote
    I've got a couple of the small white remotes so I used that and it's working fine.
    Next was the final part of my experiment. Testing a few generic bluetooth USB dongles with a PS3 media remote (my intention was to see if it would work so no need to point at the box for ir remote to work).
    First one I tried didn't work, second one I got the remote to pop up in the BT list (while holding start and enter) and then I just had to use the 360 remote with my other hand to select pairing and trust this connection.

So now I've resurrected a shitty old android box: quad core Amlogic 2GHz (x64) with Mali 450 GPU, 1GB ram, 8GB rom, RTL wi-fi and 100 lan port.
    It can now run 1080p 60Hz x264/x265 vids without stuttering (on android it was only 100% smooth with 720p), plus running from 32GB ultra SD card actually seems to make a difference (maybe that's just the minimal OS though, idk).
    Also, I added bluetooth to it.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the male to male USB cable I'm using; I'm sure I have at least one here somewhere but after looking for nearly an hour I gave up and made one. I was so dodgy about it I just cut up 2 cables, spliced the wires and didn't even solder. Just used electrical tape and checked continuity

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Magician View Post
    Not seeming likely to happen anytime soon.
    I stumbled on some reddit trade posts when I was reading other stuff, prices for used stuff (high end cards and complete builds) in NA is insane. Probably the same here but I never look.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dill the Grey View Post
    I'm here to celebrate Justin Bieber's first pube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Those Bieber Balls you can buy aren't actually his testicles. If you find pubes on them you should complain and get free food.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I stumbled on some reddit trade posts when I was reading other stuff, prices for used stuff (high end cards and complete builds) in NA is insane. Probably the same here but I never look.
    Completely . I mistakenly thought that prices might smooth out with the somewhat acceptable (though still crappy) MSRP for the 3K cards. It went the opposite direction and even old cards have spiked upward.

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah crypto needs to be outlawed.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The handful of idiots caving in and paying the infalted prices to retailers don't help things along either .

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Magician View Post
    The handful of idiots caving in and paying the infalted prices to retailers don't help things along either .
    no it really doesn't. that's something else that needs to be stopped but fat chance of that happening.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Bacon will sprout wings first .

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm almost done with Cold Steel 3. I'm going to need a break before I bother with 4 .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Mandatory annual hangout post.

EDit: Fuck me has it really been 11 years?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrm View Post

EDit: Fuck me has it really been 11 years?
    Not yet

Hey there

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Sun came out today. 2 minutes more daylight today than there was yesterday too, in 2 weeks it's going to be 3 minutes extra per day.
    In case anyone can't tell, I can't wait for winter to die.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here