Page 48 of 267 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898148 ... LastLast

Thread: The Soulja Boy Poop Out of Mouth Out - Atari Zombie Inside (or maybe not)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

CreatiVision didn't have basic onboard but shipped with a basic cart, so programming was possible.
    Not aware of any that shipped with the tape drive, but unlike C64 the tape drive actually attached to the main unit (not just pushed into an expansion port like Coleco's Atari module).
    At first glance without looking closely you might think it was an INTV clone but the controllers actually had a keyboard spread across the two controllers, they weren't number pads.
    Yeah there were controller overlays for cart games.

It's also known as FunVision, Hanimex Rameses, and Dick Smith Wizzard (Australia).
    I did some reading just now and it appears there was an NTSC version, but Japan only.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    didn't know VTech made game consoles I do recall them making edutainment toys for little kids in the last 20 years.
    Yes in more recent years that company has only made kiddy stuff.
    But back in the early to mid 80's they actually had a computer video game system.

It wasn't a market failure like the much later Super A'Can console, which destroyed the company that made it.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    CreatiVision didn't have basic onboard but shipped with a basic cart, so programming was possible.
    Not aware of any that shipped with the tape drive, but unlike C64 the tape drive actually attached to the main unit (not just pushed into an expansion port like Coleco's Atari module).
    At first glance without looking closely you might think it was an INTV clone but the controllers actually had a keyboard spread across the two controllers, they weren't number pads.
    Yeah there were controller overlays for cart games.

It's also known as FunVision, Hanimex Rameses, and Dick Smith Wizzard (Australia).
    I did some reading just now and it appears there was an NTSC version, but Japan only.
    Yes in more recent years that company has only made kiddy stuff.
    But back in the early to mid 80's they actually had a computer video game system.

It wasn't a market failure like the much later Super A'Can console, which destroyed the company that made it.
    that's interesting. whats the A'Can?
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    that's interesting. whats the A'Can?
    A failed game console from the mid 90's.

Super A'Can

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

seems like if they released it in the west and at an earlier time I might have done better.
    still interesting to see.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Just bought a pair of Lynx consoles that need repairs. One of each model.
    Model 1 is still working but needs battery cleanup. Model 2 is not working at all but was fairly recently (clean battery compartment), I suspect this one may need new caps but I'll need to investigate.

Got these by reading through a bulk listing of games... noticed the seller mentioned his 2 consoles weren't the way they were before storage hence the reason for the bulk games listing. The consoles weren't in the games listing though so I messaged the seller. Made an offer for the 2 consoles and he made a new listing just for me

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Now I need people to recommend some Lynx games please
    I need to get one cart for testing and I'd rather hear some different recommendations rather than trawling through the library trying to decide what I should look for.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Just bought a pair of Lynx consoles that need repairs. One of each model.
    Model 1 is still working but needs battery cleanup. Model 2 is not working at all but was fairly recently (clean battery compartment), I suspect this one may need new caps but I'll need to investigate.

Got these by reading through a bulk listing of games... noticed the seller mentioned his 2 consoles weren't the way they were before storage hence the reason for the bulk games listing. The consoles weren't in the games listing though so I messaged the seller. Made an offer for the 2 consoles and he made a new listing just for me
    nice
    Now I need people to recommend some Lynx games please
    I need to get one cart for testing and I'd rather hear some different recommendations rather than trawling through the library trying to decide what I should look for.
    hard to say I don't know what prices are for games but you could go with one of the classics battle zone 2000 ms.pac-man, joust, robotron, super asteroids & missile command. I'd recommend battle wheels(I think that's the one I'm currently thinking about)
    you get to drive(or walk) around a large area (arena style) and kill other people in cars or on foot in a mad max themed world. honestly though lynx doesn't have a whole lot to offer(better than the 7800 maybe better than jaguar)

Thanks
    EP Points

The games prices aren't cheap over here but I just wanted some different ideas of ok games. If I have a short list of ok titles it makes looking for a loose cart easier.
    There is one supplier over here with around 40 titles new CiB (sealed) but I suspect all of those aren't good titles (the cheapest of those are just under $20usd shipped).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Can't find BattleWheels locally atm, not even loose.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

The games prices aren't cheap over here but I just wanted some different ideas of ok games. If I have a short list of ok titles it makes looking for a loose cart easier.
    There is one supplier over here with around 40 titles new CiB (sealed) but I suspect all of those aren't good titles (the cheapest of those are just under $20usd shipped).
    another couple games I can recommend are crystal mines 2, double dragon and gordo 106 the mutated lab monkey but as I said it's hard to recommend many lynx games as it's kind of a crap shoot with them(it's mostly limited to arcade games a few puzzle games and some sports games I don't recall any adventure or rpgs for it))

Thanks
    EP Points

I read somewhere that Slime World is ok? I haven't checked up or even searched to see if it's available though.

Crystal Mines II isn't uncommon though iirc.
    Double Dragon I already have the best cart version... Atari 2600

Thanks for the input
    Keep them coming if you think of more.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmmm.... didn't realise Shadow of the Beast was ported to Lynx.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Crystal Mines is on DS too though isn't it?

Spoiler warning: