Thread: Windows Protection Error?

Thanks

Default Windows Protection Error?

Windows Protection error. You need to restart your computer.

Press any key to continue.

Well this has happened to me twice and for me to fix it I had to use the recovery disc that my comp came with. I really dislike bring my comp into Bestbuy. So anyone know what is wrong when my comp does this. And when I press any key nothing happpend and then I press any key two more times a load beep starts and dosen't stop. I am on windows 98, 500ghz computer, Hewlett Packard, and 256 ram.

Thanx in advance for your replies.

Thanks

The Blue Screen of Death?
    On Win98 thats caused by anything from looking at it funny to running too many applications at once. If it locks up when your not doing anything then worry else it's just the sad state of the Win9X core.

When the screen comes up just restart the computer. It may also be time for a format and reinstall.

EmuFreak Guest

Originally posted by Lord Riff Raff
    The Blue Screen of Death?
    On Win98 thats caused by anything from looking at it funny to running too many applications at once. If it locks up when your not doing anything then worry else it's just the sad state of the Win9X core.

When the screen comes up just restart the computer. It may also be time for a format and reinstall.
    Format, and reinstall very true, that is before your whole system crashs, I used to have that problem back when I actually had windows 98, best advice to people who have 98 and below is to back up on a regular basis, I do this often even on xp.