Thread: EP Discord Issue

Thanks
    EP Points

Default EP Discord Issue

I can't accept the invite to EP's Discord server. I think at one point in the past I may have been banned, but I don't remember what for. I think I may have begged too much for you guys to start hosting ROMs again on your website, or something like that. If I was banned, it would be under the username Videogamer555 (same as my username in the forums). Would there be any chance I could be unbanned?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I would say hell no to unban, but I'm not a mod on discord and really don't care

If you like I can ban you from the forums too... interested?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Out of curiosity I talked to one of the mods there - and yeah chances are he wouldn't be unbanned
    Last edited by Zaladane; 2nd-August-2021 at 03:12.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Out of curiosity I talked to one of the mods there - and yeah chances are he wouldn't be unbanned
    I forgot what I was even banned for. But whatever it was, it's something I wouldn't do again. I'm not the kind of person who tries to cause trouble. I was hoping you could put in a good word for me at the Discord server, because the kind of service you get on a forum is too slow. It's not live chat. You can wait for hours or even DAYS before somebody replies to you. On a chat box however (like in Discord), if there's a lot of people on at the time, you can actually get a very quick response. I appreciate the speed of chat. Forums have really started to feel too slow for me, after I discovered Discord a couple years ago.

I'm asking about getting my Discord fixed here, only because it's the only other method of communication I have to EP, so when banned from Discord EP server, the only place to ask for an unban is here. I really do have something related to emulation I would like to discuss, but I'm holding off posting about it here in the forum, because I want to discuss it on Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I would say hell no to unban, but I'm not a mod on discord and really don't care

If you like I can ban you from the forums too... interested?
    No thanks. I would not want that.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 2nd-August-2021 at 21:51.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    I forgot what I was even banned for. But whatever it was, it's something I wouldn't do again. I'm not the kind of person who tries to cause trouble. I was hoping you could put in a good word for me at the Discord server, because the kind of service you get on a forum is too slow. It's not live chat. You can wait for hours or even DAYS before somebody replies to you. On a chat box however (like in Discord), if there's a lot of people on at the time, you can actually get a very quick response. I appreciate the speed of chat. Forums have really started to feel too slow for me, after I discovered Discord a couple years ago.

I'm asking about getting my Discord fixed here, only because it's the only other method of communication I have to EP, so when banned from Discord EP server, the only place to ask for an unban is here. I really do have something related to emulation I would like to discuss, but I'm holding off posting about it here in the forum, because I want to discuss it on Discord.
    It was some kerfluffle over not being able to post pictures - of which you must be a yellow mage to do so which again in turn is clearly stated in the rules.

Best thing to do is wait until Cookie Monster sees this. The decision in all likely hood would be his.

Thanks
    EP Points

i'm not against giving second chances, i've unbanned your discord so you can request a rejoin.

Please read the #rules document in the #rules channel on discord so you understand what rules and roles mean in the discord.

- Wcanywayz

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    because the kind of service you get on a forum is too slow
    And the reason why it's like that is because everybody uses discord now to ask the same questions over and over again.
    You can preserve information in the forums so other people can use search and spend some time reading. Less about instant gratification and more about building knowledge.

Spoiler warning: