Thread: Is the switch lite worth it?

Thanks

Default Is the switch lite worth it?

I have a PS5 (costed an arm and a leg tho) and i dont want to miss out on nintendo stuff this gen, i know about the pro rumors but that thing is gonna be costly and hard to find too whenever it comes out
    So i ask, is the lite a good buy at this point?
    Last edited by Ragnar; 20th-November-2023 at 05:39. Reason: Spambot

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

No, do not ever buy a Switch Lite. Stick drift is a real issue on Switch's, and the Lite has the controllers permanently attached to the system. Just buy a regular Switch, so if the controllers fail you can just send em to Nintendo or easily buy replacements.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

As well as what Ragnar mentioned there's no way to have tv output. You can't even mod it to have that.
    I think the Lite is basically intended for people that have the home console and would rather have the kids playing on something else, also people that want a portable option I guess.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Nah/ Games are way too expensive

Thanks

I have the Nintendo switch oled and switch lite and I love the oled better. While the Nintendo Switch is a great portable option for when you're in bed wanting to play. lol

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by soulroad View Post
    I have the Nintendo switch oled and switch lite and I love the oled better. While the Nintendo Switch is a great portable option for when you're in bed wanting to play. lol
    Right. I think I should buy a Switch Lite eventually. Playing Switch standard in bed for a long time makes my arms sore. Same reason why I'm getting more used to ebooks than actual books.

And I haven't plug it on my tv for, like, ages, so.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DeusExHumanum View Post
    My biggest concern is not being able to fix the joy cons. I’ve swapped out the joysticks on my Switch joy cons multiple times with ease. You can’t do that on the Lite.
    But you can.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Yes, the Nintendo Switch Lite is worth it in 2022 - for a select group of people. If you're running up against a hard budget but you still want to play the vast vast majority of the latest Nintendo Switch games, there's no better option open to you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by handscome773 View Post
    According to the removed,If you have other consoles and just want something to travel with, the Switch Lite is a good choice. Aside from being smaller and not being able to attach it to a TV, it's also $100 cheaper than the standard Switch. But don't buy it just for the savings if you might want to play on a bigger screen at some point. removed
    Unlike the standard Switch, the Switch Lite does not have the ability to connect to a TV or play games in tabletop mode. If playing games on a big screen is important to you, or if you want to enjoy multiplayer games using separate Joy-Con controllers, Switch Lite may not be the best choice.
    Last edited by Ragnar; 20th-November-2023 at 05:43. Reason: WTF edit bot