Thread: Problem running Rurouni Kenshin RPG(on both PSX and comp)

Thanks

Default Problem running Rurouni Kenshin RPG(on both PSX and comp)

Thanks to the help of the people on this board, I was able to burn the RK RPG successfully. However, I have problems running it on ePSXe, and the same problem is present when I play it on my PSX. After the game starts and there is a short event where Kenshin saves some ninja guy from street punks, the game goes to load to the next part, but it sort of hangs(I just get a black screen and nothing). The strange thing is that just as soon as I excracted the image file and tried it on ePSXe, this problem was not present. It was immedeatley followed by a short clip introducing all the characters with battle animations. But now, It just stops before that. I didnt change the file at all, but I extracted it again just in case it might have when I burned it. Has anyone had this problem with the game? Id really appreciate any help. Thanks.

RSdeathscythe Guest

I have never had that problem u could have got a bad rip.

Thanks

Thats what I thought, but how could it have worked the first time and not the second?

Czez Guest

I have this game to and what you desribe has never happened to me, ever. Perhaps its a modchip issue, bad iso...or maybe laser problems...?

Thanks

Hmm, Im not using a modchip, but the swap trick to play it on my system. Laser problems? Unless both my PSX and comp CD drives are screwed, I doubt it has to do with the reader's laser. It worked before, and I havent done anything to the settings in ePSXe nor changed the file(it still happens even if I play it off the ISO). This is very odd. Thanks for the help tho.

Thanks
    EP Points

Try using psxeven, I had that problem to and it worked for me!

trelimb Guest

Maybe the burn was just bad. It sounds like you didn't use the right settings or something when burning it. Just because the cd burned and the burning software didn't say there was a problem doesn't mean it was successful.

Thanks

Thanks ked, Ill go try that emulator then. Too bad I cant get it to run on a PSX. Trelimb: It cant be a bad burn, Ive said I got the same problem playing the ISO with ePSXe. Geez, Im repeating myself. =P Thanks to everyone. ^^

trelimb Guest

The strange thing is that just as soon as I excracted the image file and tried it on ePSXe, this problem was not present.
    Sorry, when I read that I thought you meant that it worked fine when you played it from the ISO.