I am a gamer, but throughout my life I have not been a constant and active gamer.
I haven't finished a PC game since 2006 when I finished three games, then I finished a couple of Playstation 3 games in 2011 and one of Playstation 3 in 2013, then in 2015 I finished a PsOne game.

Now Im using a second-hand laptop from 2009 with an integrated graphics card, there I play some PsOne games, on my phone I have an NDS emulator and I'm playing there too.
I want to build a gaming PC for two things: to study graphic computing (Blender 3ds Max ...) and to be able to play the games of the present generation (Ray Tracing, PS5, Xbox S / X ...), I would like a PC to test future for 10 years, but I think 5 years is more realistic.

I considered building a pc with 32GB of RAM, an X570 motherboard and a Ryzen 5 3400g APU as a stepping stone for future updates, but with that configuration I could not emulate the Playstation 3 and the Nintendo Switch well.

I even think that buying a second-hand Xbox 360 and PS4 and modding both consoles to play isos is more "bang for your buck" to play all the games I missed between 2006 and 2019 than building a PC with an APU. I'm not in a hurry to assemble it, I could buy the pieces throughout the year and then assemble it in October, November.

- Maybe it's better to play with second-hand consoles while building a more powerful PC?
- What configuration do you recommend?