Thread: Amped Freestyle Snowboarding (Xbox) HDD Fix ?

Thanks

Exclamation Amped Freestyle Snowboarding (Xbox) HDD Fix ?

I tried running this game from the HDD (transfered with Filezilla, raw folder on F:/Games), but it just gives disc error (damaged or dirty disc message) after Microsoft logo.
    I tried on any dashboard : Evox, UnleashX, Avalaunch and XBMC. Same result even with TSR or In-game reset disabled.
    I also tried to patch it with Qwix and other tools, it says that the xbe cannot be patched so maybe it's patched the wrong way and I need a un-patched version? I'm clueless.
    I don't know, maybe the game is corrupted or is there any systems setting to change / patch to apply ?

UPDATE:
    SOLVED. Beside the .xbe fix (that I've found somewhere, I don't remember the link) to change "Gigi Ruf" name that cause the game to crash, to run the game I just had to set the MS dash language to English.
    Last edited by barleyman; 26th-February-2021 at 22:05.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I'm not sure if the title in question needs HDD fix, but if it does then the way to get it working is to mount a full clean iso disc image using virtual drive (only works on softmod console iirc).
    That way you eliminate the issues surrounding file names too long for the Xbox file system to handle

Of course it's possible the title in question doesn't need HDD fix and whatever dump you're trying to use is messed up
    I suggest you avoid any "HDD ready" packs you see floating around, no way of knowing what has been done to the games.

Edit:
    Just had a quick look and it seems Amped 2 needs HDD fix, can't see anything about the first game yet though.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I'm not sure if the title in question needs HDD fix, but if it does then the way to get it working is to mount a full clean iso disc image using virtual drive (only works on softmod console iirc).
    That way you eliminate the issues surrounding file names too long for the Xbox file system to handle

Of course it's possible the title in question doesn't need HDD fix and whatever dump you're trying to use is messed up
    I suggest you avoid any "HDD ready" packs you see floating around, no way of knowing what has been done to the games.

Edit:
    Just had a quick look and it seems Amped 2 needs HDD fix, can't see anything about the first game yet though.
    thanks for the quick response
    so should I burn a DVD with that game ?
    I will search if I can mount a virtual drive on hard mod, thanks for the hint about long file names, that's probably the main reason of the failed media check

about hdd ready games, actually that's the first time that something like this happens ... all other games I've tried ran correctly, maybe it's just long file names, isn't there a way to patch that? seems like this game is forgotten by the world of gaming lol no support on the internets. Yeah Amped 2 has that fix, probably I'll just play that instead, but I don't want to waste those 900mb's, it's like wasting 0.50€ of connection for me

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

No you can't use virtual drive (mount disc image) on modchip aka hardmod.
    It only works on softmod.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

The original Amped Freestyle Snowboarding needs a HDD Fix, as one of the characters' files has "é" in it. That is the cause of the problem.

The fix in https://www.epforums.org/showthread....NTSC-U-HDD-Fix works

6. The Following User Says Thank You to munchoong For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by munchoong View Post
    The original Amped Freestyle Snowboarding needs a HDD Fix, as one of the characters' files has "é" in it. That is the cause of the problem.

The fix in https://www.epforums.org/showthread....NTSC-U-HDD-Fix works
    yeah I knew that, but it didnt' work, I don't know why this game runs ok on an emulator, but my xbox refuses it. I think I'll just try Amped 2 and discard this one

Thanks

UPDATE: It worked, I've even finished the game (lol)

All I had to do was to install the xbe patch and set the MS Dash language to English (in Microsoft Dash settings).

What a mess of a game...