Hi Guys

I have been wanting to get back into N64 emulation now for a while, but the big issue is the controller. Now I don't have an original N64 controller,and I really don't want to spend the money to buy a refurbished one or just a plain second hand one and hope for the best. Also then naturally I would have to buy a converter as well, which is more money.

So my question here is what controllers are you guys using for N64 emulation on your PC's and what would you recommend if not going the original and converter way?

I leaning towards the Retro-Bit Tribute64 controller. I am also looking at the Retro Fighters Brawler64, mostly due to the Dpad being positioned better. From what I have read the macro's on the two C buttons for switching between Direct Input and Xinput on these two controllers are not positioned great for FPS games, which will be a problem for me, if someone has one these controllers, please advise if this really is a big annoyance.

Then I have also seen those knock off controllers, like the iNNEXT, SAFFUN ect. I would actually prefer the original feel and look, but they all look the same and the reviews on Amazon vary, so I am very skeptical of these ones. I am wondering if they all are not actually the same, they don't show the packaging online and none of the brands have official websites. So if you guys have/use one these, please advise if they get the job done, how long have you been using them and which brand one you are using.

That is about it, any assistance will be appreciated, sorry for the paragraphs of reading