Thread: FTP file transfer issues with original Xbox, please help!

Thanks

Exclamation FTP file transfer issues with original Xbox, please help!

Hello guys.

My FTP file transfer from PC to Xbox internal drive is extremely slow (takes over half an hour to transfer one backup game and either the console and the FTP software gets frozen during the process numerous times). I have checked numerous tutorials and most of them are using Filezilla but in my case the Filezilla cannot connect so I use CuteFTP.
    My Xbox console is modded to EvoX version 3.1.
    Here are the screenshots of the menu and settings:

https://ibb.co/wJWbCVQ
    https://ibb.co/GdhKT5W

I am using the LAN cable connected from console to the WiFi modem. I have very fast Internet connection and I am not doing any downloading or uploading while trying the transfer process.

What should I do? Please advise.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

AFAIK the FTP transfer is controlled by your dash, and they aren't all equal in performance. I don't recall if EvoX is good or bad. Toggling the dash you're running is easy enough, just make a dash folder and dump a couple in there, and you'll be able to select them like any other game or app on Evox. So you can just guess and test a couple. I think I recall Avalaunch advertising that was good for FTPing?

Also just to note. Your internet connection has no relevance on your home network speeds (aside from perhaps clogging it up with traffic), you don't even need an internet connection to have a home network. You'd likely get the best transfer speeds directly connecting your PC and Xbox to each other, but IIRC you needed a different bit of network cable to do that.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Avalaunch can boost ftp slightly iirc. The ethernet port isn't blazing speeds anyway regardless of what you do.

Using a crossover cable doesn't make any difference with speeds, but for the router/switch method (and 2 cables) I have only ever used a dedicated router (without wifi), not the one I'm using for internet access.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I didn't particularly notice anything out of Avalaunch. What I did notice slowing things down, were games that were comprised of thousands of tiny files. Like Oblivion IIRC took several times longer to transfer than games that had way larger filesizes.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Yeah, I didn't particularly notice anything out of Avalaunch. What I did notice slowing things down, were games that were comprised of thousands of tiny files. Like Oblivion IIRC took several times longer to transfer than games that had way larger filesizes.
    Do you mean Morrowind?
    Oblivion is on 360.

Morrowind has even more files if you have mods

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

No it was Skyrim

Thanks

Hello guys, I have great news!

I bought the crossover cable but when I tried that method it showed the same result.

However, when I installed the UnleashX and tried again it worked like a charm!

I hope it will continue working fine.
    If I can repay somehow please let me know.

Enjoy your weekend!

Kind regards