Thread: Snes Flash Cards?

RprSplitter9 Guest

Default Snes Flash Cards?

I know that there is such a thing as GBA Flash cards, but I have never seen a SNES Flash card. I was wondering if there was a cartridge (Like a Flash Card) that would let me store my SNES roms on it. If anyone knows of a site that sells SNES flash cards could you please post the site here.
    Thanks...

Thanks

Hmm... Ive heard of SNES hard drives, as well as for other cart consoles, tho I dont know where they are sold. Sorry.
    Edit: Try searching on google or Ebay.

Thanks

They're called "copiers", and you can find a lot of info if you just go to google and type "snes copier"... I'd like to try on of those too someday...

RprSplitter9 Guest

What I mean is is there a SNES type cartridge that holdes 64mb, 128mb, 256mb, 512mb that you just upload your roms to and play them on your snes?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Well, they're not really like cartridges. They're pretty old so they didn't have flash ram handy. So it's a kinda bulky unit with a floppy drive built in. Generally they were only 32mb, which will run every game except Tales of Phantasia. Take a look at http://www.emucamp.com/red/index3.shtml for some pics and info.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

RprSplitter9 Guest

ok, if there aren't any SNES Falsh Cards, then does anyone know of a good controller for a PC like a Gravis gamepad or something, because the main reason I want a SNES Flash Card is so that I could use the actual SNES Controllers.

RSdeathscythe Guest

Why cant it run TOP i am wondering?

Thanks
    EP Points

ToP is 48mb

But of course I can run ToP, because I have a bigger copier
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

RSdeathscythe Guest

Where could i buy i looked on the site should i try ebay?

Thanks
    EP Points

They sometimes show up on eBay, but they are illegal and eBay shuts them down when they find them. People try misnameing them to put them up, try searching for "Nintendo floppy drive", "Nintendo ram" or "Nintendo devlopment". If you get lucky you might find one. Of course people who mis-lable autions like this usually don't list specs, so make sure you ask if you find one. 8-16mb copiers are nigh worthless :\

RSdeathscythe Guest

thxs for the advice i am gona look.