Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 800 SNES on PSX; fake?

EmuFreak Guest

Originally posted by Daz
    Speaking of SNES on PS2, do i need to mod my PS2 or anything to be able to play SNES on it? Or do i just have to download the program and burn it to disc with some games?

Also, is there a Gameboy emulator for PS2?
    No not right now maybe in a few years or so, but someone can correct me if I am wrong but I belave there is one for dreamcast....or was that the ngpc one or the other for sure.

Thanks

To use a SNES emulator on PS2, you first need to have your PS2 modded or to play backups in some way (swap trick etc..). Then, you have to go to http://snes-station.gamebase.ca and download SNES-station. Then, using Nero or another CD burning program, you have got to put all the SNES-station files on the main directory of a CD, then create a directory called Roms on it, and, inside this, put all the SNES roms you like. After this, you just load the cd on your ps2 and play. But remember that the emulator is still far than perfect and that many games do not play very well. Audio skips, the framerate goes down etc. If a game goes too slow, the best way to make it go faster is to lower the quality of sound. Anyway, some games such as Super Mario World and Super Mario All-stars work perfectly even with the best sound quality.
    Also, another small tip: always use USA roms, EURO roms work too, but they tend to be slower.

I hope I've been of help!

Me will rock you

Thanks

Thnx for the link Coolvortex
    I was really looking a while for that emulator
    meh

Thanks

nope

Me will rock you

Thanks

Originally posted by Daz
    Speaking of SNES on PS2, do i need to mod my PS2 or anything to be able to play SNES on it? Or do i just have to download the program and burn it to disc with some games?

Also, is there a Gameboy emulator for PS2?
    To answer your mod question for you, you do need to have your PS2 modded to play backups.

Thanks

Originally posted by SJawz3288
    To answer your mod question for you, you do need to have your PS2 modded to play backups.
    Thanks, though Coolvortex already said so a few posts up.

If/when the SNES emulation improves i'll probably get it modded, until then i think i'll just leave it...

Thanks

Well, SNES emulation isn't just the only thing you can get by modding a ps2!

Me will rock you

Thanks

Originally posted by Coolvortex
    Well, SNES emulation isn't just the only thing you can get by modding a ps2!
    Heh yeah, though SNES emulation is the main reason i'd have it done (right now atleast).

I could of course just buy a second-hand SNES, but there are an abundance of games that either weren't released here or would just be very hard to find.