• Zsnes (Any Port)

12 66.67%
  • Snes9x (Any Port)

6 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zsnes or Snes9x

Thanks

Arrow Zsnes or Snes9x

Include reasons proving why which is better than the other.
    Emuparadise.org - Been with you since late 2000 and still going strong!

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Everything Emulation anyone?

Oh and I think ZSNES is the better. Can't really state why though. The sound is nicer.
    Last edited by emu_kidid; 22nd-August-2003 at 16:31.

ShiningEnforcer Guest

I use ZSNES, I always have. SNES9x is only better in two areas - sound, and depending on what 3D card you have, it can games smoother. However, in all other areas (compatibility being the biggest) ZSNES is either equal or better.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've not noticed too much of a difference between the two, aside from the fact that SNES9X's GUI is alot more appealing then ZSNES', so I really have no preference. I have both, and really which one I use merely depends on which one I happen to click on.

Thanks

I prefer ZSNES on because graphics seem somehow a little smoother when using filters, and Snes9x when I play SNES games using my TV out, because when not using any filter, snes9x is better.
    Oh and I also use SnesStation for the PS2 if a game works good on it, because I can play them on my TV using the RGB cable + I can use the PSX joypad which is very similar to the SNES' one.

Me will rock you

Thanks

I go for Snes9X because it's more user friendly, and runs smoother on my PC.
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thanks

I prefer ZSNES. The sound is great, and is compatible with many games. Snes9x runs horribly on my system(and its pretty fast). I might just need a newer version, but Ill stick with ZSNES, Im used to it.

Isk Guest

I dig SNES9x. Sound quality isn't a factor for me, but ease of save/load states and windowed mode are.

Joker Guest

I prefer Zsnes I find it alot more compateble. Run better on my system then SNES9x. Alot more simple too.

Thanks

I want to add a thing to my precedent post. Snes9x recently, has got better than ZSNES in compatibility. In fact, it has got the support for the GFX packs for the games that, such as Street Fighter Alpha 2, use a special chip to display graphics and that cannot be emulated in the "standard way". I don't know if ZSNES is capable of doing that too, but Snes9x has a very useful window from which you can display the games that need a GFX pack and set their directories

Me will rock you

Thanks

SDD1 Emulation will become very common soon.. thus no need for gfx decompression packs.
    The chip so far isn't emulated, only by using the decompressed gfx to fill in the void. But the source code for the sdd1-emulation is out albeit someone has to put it into either the next snes9x release or zsnes.
    As to which one is better.. i like Zsnes for it's reliability and speed.
    I've been with zsnes from 0.3 back in the DOS only days so i guess i've somewhat grown with it.
    Emuparadise.org - Been with you since late 2000 and still going strong!

Thanks

I use Snes9x, as it runs at a higher FPS on my computer. Snes9x and ZSNES are both compatible with 99.5% of games out there, so that really isn't a factor for me.

Thanks

I've always like the Snes9X interface a lot more, I find it very nice and easy to use.

Thanks

ZSNES is the best IMO. SNES9X didn`t run all of my games, and that`s bad.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by Coolvortex
    I want to add a thing to my precedent post. Snes9x recently, has got better than ZSNES in compatibility. In fact, it has got the support for the GFX packs for the games that, such as Street Fighter Alpha 2, use a special chip to display graphics and that cannot be emulated in the "standard way". I don't know if ZSNES is capable of doing that too, but Snes9x has a very useful window from which you can display the games that need a GFX pack and set their directories
    ZSNES was able to run those games before SNES9x. It was the ZSNES team who gave the SNES9x makers the nessecary info to make those games playable.