Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: psx backups play crappy on psx. why?

I don't know but I see these big robots called gears everywhere.
    Thanks

Default psx backups play crappy on psx. why?

well I polay my backups on my psx with a boot disk. But recently a few games don't play verry well.

With mega man legends 2 the video sceens Play verry choppy (stops and restarts for no reason) I know the disk is in great shape.)

Also with 2 games (mmx5 and x6) the music as well as the video sceens are chopy. (the music acks like it is being played on a cd player without esp.
    The normal game play is ok (for all those games) no freezing but I still want to know why this is happening. Also I would like to know if there is anyway to make sure no more games do this.

ps: I did not know what to name this tread so if a mod or admin has a better idea please change it to how you see fit.

Need New Sig

Thanks

It's most likely due to bad rips. Or your Playstation doesn't like Megaman.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think it is because the CD-R disk is so different then an actual PSX disk. It works fine for me until it gets to parts where it displays something as it loads like videos, then it gets choppy.

Thanks

What speed do you burn at? Try burning really slow like 2x or something, i used to have problems with games, then i turnned the speed right down and they all played smoothly.

I know you said that it only happens with a few but it's worth a try.

trelimb Guest

Like Daz said, try burning at low speeds. I burn all my games at 1X and all three of the games you mentioned play just fine for me. What settings and software are you using?

Thanks

If you'd have said that only audio has problems, I'd have suggested you to burn the game at a lower speed. But if you say that video is corrupted too, then there's something really strange...

Me will rock you

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, it could be related, couldn't it? I mean, I copied Chrono Cross at 8 speed, and not only did the music screw up but the FMV would take FOREVER to load. I know it wasn't my system, cause it was a relatively new PSOne, so I'd imagine it'd have to have been the speed I burned the game at. Since then I've learned to burn it at no more then 2x, but back then it had caused me alot of problems. I wonder if that might indeed be the problem.

Thanks

Well, if the FMV's video it's crappy, then it's possible (even if it's very rare). But if, for example, sprites or 3d models are corrupted, then it's very very strange

Me will rock you

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, that would definately be strange. I've never heard of that happening, but there's a first time for everything. If that's the case then I'd say his ISO is just screwed up somehow, or maybe his system is ebil.

Thanks

If these games have never worked well it could be a burning/rip problem. Burning speed isn't really that important if you have a good recorder but it's reduces errors with older recorders.

If they have started working bad recently it could just be that your psx is getting old (they don't last forever). Choppy music and video is very common in old psx.

sig and avatar by Nightingale.
    "Tengo un nudo en la garganta" (un ahorcado).
    "Levantare a los ca�dos y oprimir� a los grandes" (el sost�n).
    "Cuando te fuiste me dejaste un sabor amargo en la boca" (Monica Lewinski).
    "Se me fue la mano" (Mazinger Z)

Thanks

we should ask Rose if the problem is just on the movies or if the actual game is corrupted too... if it's just the movies, then she needs to burn at a lower speed the game and also she could need a recalibration of the PSX laser

Me will rock you

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

StrideS, if Rose where playing the game on an emulator, then it wouldn't matter what speed the game was burned at. However, Rose is having troubles with the game running poorly on an actual PSX system, and you do need to be concerned with what speed you attempt to burn the game at in that case. Either the game needs to be burned slower, or as Coolvortex said, the lazer needs re-calibration.

trelimb Guest

Originally posted by Coolvortex
    Well, if the FMV's video it's crappy, then it's possible (even if it's very rare). But if, for example, sprites or 3d models are corrupted, then it's very very strange
    If you read rose's post again, it sais that the normal game play is fine. I would assume this means the video only messes up on the FMVs.
    So Rose, you gonna' tell us what settings and speed you burned at. I really hope you get this working properly.

Thanks

Originally posted by Cyberxion
    StrideS, if Rose where playing the game on an emulator, then it wouldn't matter what speed the game was burned at. However, Rose is having troubles with the game running poorly on an actual PSX system, and you do need to be concerned with what speed you attempt to burn the game at in that case. Either the game needs to be burned slower, or as Coolvortex said, the lazer needs re-calibration.
    I think it depends on the recoder with my recorders. I had to burn games at 1-2X for them to work perfectly with my old sony recorder.
    With my new Plexwriter I can write them at 24X and they work perfect.

sig and avatar by Nightingale.
    "Tengo un nudo en la garganta" (un ahorcado).
    "Levantare a los ca�dos y oprimir� a los grandes" (el sost�n).
    "Cuando te fuiste me dejaste un sabor amargo en la boca" (Monica Lewinski).
    "Se me fue la mano" (Mazinger Z)

Thanks
    EP Points

How do you recalibrate the laser.