Thread: If our universe is a simulation... is it copyrighted?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default If our universe is a simulation... is it copyrighted?

There is computer code in the fabric of reality, the GZK cutoff[1] is a limitation which cosmic rays have; which you'd expect if our universe is a simulation running on a quantum computer. Question: is the simulation copyrighted? If it is then why are there an infinite amount of copies of it(parallel universes)?[2] No, copyright is a human invention that only exists on this planet. And it's not like aliens or their probes sent here are not accessing our Internet and downloading copyrighted material. They're probably the admins running the simulation and we are a game in which the game makes games for aliens to play, so the ones running this simulation might be huge fans of this site and gaming; can you be certain aliens don't visit this site? Aren't you glad there are infinite backups of every game in an infinite amount of parallel universes no matter what the copyrights of Earth amount to on an infinitely multiversal cosmological scale? Every ROM could be deleted from existence and there will still be copies of those ROMs in the multiverse.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greise...93Kuzmin_limit

[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-w...interpretation
    Last edited by Till; 26th-February-2020 at 21:11. Reason: Added reference links... our universe is a game running on a PlayStation 90 for all we know...
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Cool

One weird notion that has been passed on for many generations through word of mouth is that the real "Angels" are like the size of planets. That is so strange... It would almost make sense though, if those were the real people and we were some kind of digital experiment. Then even concepts like flat earth could have some credence.

Spoiler warning:
    This is going off topic. I have wondered how these Angels could create "giants" with human women. I have pondered it a lot: like, obviously the babies must not have been too large or the mothers would not be able to give birth to them at all. So, I finally decided it may have gone like this: the giant children probably just seemed like really bad ass dudes (or chicks) for the first 20 years or so. But then, when other people would begin to age, these beings began to grow larger and exhibit for frightening qualities. This would then go on for hundreds of years until the giant was huge and truly fearsome...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Jerk View Post
    One weird notion that has been passed on for many generations through word of mouth is that the real "Angels" are like the size of planets. That is so strange... It would almost make sense though, if those were the real people and we were some kind of digital experiment. Then even concepts like flat earth could have some credence.

Spoiler warning:
    This is going off topic. I have wondered how these Angels could create "giants" with human women. I have pondered it a lot: like, obviously the babies must not have been too large or the mothers would not be able to give birth to them at all. So, I finally decided it may have gone like this: the giant children probably just seemed like really bad ass dudes (or chicks) for the first 20 years or so. But then, when other people would begin to age, these beings began to grow larger and exhibit for frightening qualities. This would then go on for hundreds of years until the giant was huge and truly fearsome...
    The Earth is flat in the second dimension. Every universe has its unique set of physics laws. Some universes have laws the same as ours, some slightly different and some totally different. In at least one out of an infinite number of parallel universes there is a universe with only two dimensions; therefore cartoons are real and their Earth is flat. Benevolent aliens would be "Angels", intelligent humanoids and other beings not from our planet and perhaps not from our universe. Even if there are no aliens in our universe there are copies of ourselves in parallel universes so life in an infinite amount of universes exists. And it's all 'alien' to this universe, the solution to the Fermi paradox is not just the existence of extraterrestrial life only but extrauniversal life as well. I like your idea about giant children toying with us, for all we know our universe is a game running on a quantum console. Probably in the real future which already happened recreating us as its distant past.
    Last edited by Till; 29th-February-2020 at 02:19. Reason: Extrauniversal life...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dill the Grey View Post
    I like your idea about giant children toying with us, for all we know our universe is a game running on a quantum console.

Thanks
    EP Points

Our universe IS a simulation, but it's a pirate copy, and COVID-19 is one of the traps the devs left in the simulation code.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dill the Grey View Post
    The Earth is flat in the second dimension.
    Kuanisto from SOR thought pizza was disgusting. I am guessing perhaps because it is a large flat surface that collects dust??? Or maybe it looks like a giant single celled 2D life form...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Jerk View Post
    Kuanisto from SOR thought pizza was disgusting. I am guessing perhaps because it is a large flat surface that collects dust??? Or maybe it looks like a giant single celled 2D life form...
    Well the Earth is flat, technically speaking. Because there are lower dimensions in physics just as there are higher dimensions and the second dimension exists. We operate in all dimensions, there are eleven total. At least in M theory, but there is also F theory with 12 dimensions with two time dimensions in which the arrow of time goes backward and forward. In the standard M theory model the arrow of time only goes forward. As far as I'm concerned, there might as well be two time dimensions because time(the fourth dimension) is also space by equivalence. Given that the fifth is hyperspace and hyperspace could be extra-dimensional for purposes of space-time travel with sufficiently advanced technology. In other words, whoever is running the simulation can theoretically travel to any time and any place in the the simulation from a real hyperspace, using our virtual hyperspace as its conduit between our artificial reality and the real reality it's being simulated in.

hyperspace
    [ˈhīpərˌspās]
    NOUN
    space of more than three dimensions.

By definition hyperspace is extra-dimensional. The standard model(M theory) might be incorrect and F theory with two time dimensions(one in hyperspace) seems correct to me. I love string theory and both models are the continuation of Einstein's work with general relativity, we have to go beyond Einstein to be able to break out of this simulated reality. Which is obviously imperfect and malfunctioning because we aren't supposed to know we are being simulated. Why break out? Because there are better things to do than be patently fictional figments of each other's imagination and there is a whole multiverse of universes which are not artificial like our universe for us to exist in. Finally existing in a real universe should be our ultimate goal as a species, the highest achievement of our sapient nomenclature. For now, M theory and F theory are the most promising physics models we have to be able to accomplish that. For me the key in the short-term is mastering hyperspace as it will enable us to use the conduit the ones using the simulation are using to simulate us and it will allow us to run our own simulations better than this one to exist in.
    Last edited by Till; 28th-April-2020 at 07:15. Reason: Added definition of hyperspace, it's inherently extra-dimensional and F theory is not incorrect...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vercalos View Post
    Our universe IS a simulation, but it's a pirate copy, and COVID-19 is one of the traps the devs left in the simulation code.
    I used to think that it was all evil. I don't quite feel that way anymore.

Another more spiritual possibility is that the essence of "Technology" is a kind of awareness that works in tandem with Nature.