Thread: Microsoft Windows 11

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Microsoft Windows 11

It'll be Linux-based, as I've always mentioned by the time Microsoft gets its OS fixed it'll be Linux. The only problem is that there will not be a large market share for Linux and an onslaught of Linux malware and viruses. In a perfect world Microsoft would admit every OS of theirs after Windows 7 is a total piece of shit and bow out of the operating system business. With only its excellent consoles and games still in operation.

Microsoft knows every one of the 8-10 operating systems is a horrid piece of shit, which is why new PCs started blocking Linux installations with UEFI. First Google steals open source and profits from it with Android and now Microsoft is stealing all the work countless people did for no profit too. Then corporations complain about piracy when the wealthiest of them are the ultimate pirates. Once Windows 11 rolls out it'll be a final admission that Microsoft has had its head up its arse for 3 versions and that Linux is the superior OS. Get ready for all the viruses and malware that will ruin Linux to infect the new Windows.
    Last edited by Till; 16th-February-2020 at 06:26. Reason: Catastrophic apocalypse for Linux as Windows pirates it...
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

I've read that Win10 is the last version of Windows. Is that right?

I've just updated from Win7 to Win10 and it is taking some getting used to. I've tweaked a few settings to stop it automatically downloading updates. I didn't want to update from XP to 7, but quickly realised 7 was a lot better. I've tried various versions of Linux, but always end up back at Windows because it's what I'm used to.

I'm dual booting 7 and 10 and considering adding Linux. I assume that by installing Linux after 7 and 10, it will add a boot menu, but installing it before Windows Linux wouldn't show up in the boot menu.

Edit:

Windows 10 updates continue to cause problems.

Pushed to users as part of its latest ‘Patch Tuesday’ updates, Microsoft has confirmed the KB4524244 security update bundled in it can cause system freezes and crashes across every supported version of Windows 10, from Windows 10 Home right through to Enterprise and Server. Unfortunately, KB4524244 was available for four days but Microsoft has now stated it has been pulled for good:

“This standalone security update has been removed and will not [be] re-offered from Windows Update, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) or Microsoft Update Catalog,” wrote the company on the Windows 10 Health Dashboard.

While Microsoft has now stopped the spread, users already impacted are left to pick up the pieces. As Bleeping Computer reported earlier in the week, both AMD and Intel computers were affected with HP owners hit particularly hard. Microsoft says it is “working on an improved version of this update” but in the meantime, it recommends affected users remove KB4524244 with these steps:

In Windows Desktop Search type ‘update history’ then click ‘View your Update history’
    Select ‘Uninstall Updates’
    On the Installed Updates dialog window, find and select KB4524244, click the Uninstall button
    Restart
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 16th-February-2020 at 12:24.

Thanks
    EP Points

I, too, have understood that Win10 will be the last, with updates being released occasionally. I've also heard something about "renting" Windows in the future, but I don't think it'll become a thing anytime soon.

As for Win10, yeah, it does take some getting used to, but I eventually did accept it, and I haven't had any problems with it so far. My biggest issue in Win10 was Fusion not working in fullscreen, which was easily solved by setting the Compatibility mode to Windows 7.

Thanks
    EP Points

I also thought Windows 10 was going to be the last Windows. I don't know. I'm fine with Windows 7. I know Windows 10 has like a Linux subsystem or whatever. If there ever comes a time when I can run all my Windows programs and games on Linux, then I might migrate fully over to Linux. I also think this whole software as a service is a joke. Just corporations being greedy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm making a prediction here, I can't see what can fix the mess these Windows updates are causing than Microsoft going the way of Google and 'borrowing' from Linux and including a Windows API for backwards compatibility. I mean, Linux with the Wine API is more compatible with Windows than Windows is right now. I had a Windows 10 PC that was bricked after an update a few months back and I haven't been arsed to fix the fixes yet.
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum