Thread: Xbmc Emustation missing artwork

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey good people. I have just acquired an original xbox with Xbmc Emustation installed. It has a lot of missing artwork and although i have downloaded and installed it, it is still missing..any ideas as to what i can do to fix it, Thanks

I note that the coverart is labelled default.tbn. Those files are to be found in the correct folders etc. but Xbmc doesn't want to show the coverart for certain games.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 20th-December-2019 at 01:51. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

FATX has files/folders limit but if that was the issue I think you would be having more problems than just cover art not displaying.

Try deleting cached thumbnails?

Spoiler warning:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Having done this, i note that i am still missing the cover art for Total Immersion Racing. Any ideas how i can add the artwork for this? Is it possible to burn a JPEG to a dvd and then copy to it's location like i have done with default.xbe's to force certain games to 480p?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

FTP the file to your Xbox HDD I guess.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

With certain files any disc (DVD-R is the only universal compatible media type) burned for data can transfer some things to the Xbox but there can be weird exceptions and problems because of the formating. Ideally you should create the disc from a XISO file ie. Xbox ISO using the Xbox utility Qwix or C-Xbox Tool v2.7.

Alternatively find a <4GB flash drive which is Xbox friendly (many are not) format it to FATX and use that to transfer any small files to your Xbox.

You'll of course need a Xbox USB adapter and install Xplorer360 on your PC too.

BTW any JPG/PNG can simply be renamed with a .tbn extension and it will be displayed by any XBMC version.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheAbysmalDark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Brilliant, thankyou. I shall get to work